3

3,645

I snapped out of my flashback when I heard a loud crash come from downstairs.

I quickly grabbed my black heels, a cardigan and my evening bag that held my phone, money and lip gloss and headed downstairs to see what the ruckus was all about.

My mom was picking up some pots that had fallen down in the kitchen. While my grandpa was at the stove stirring the boiling pasta.

"Mom are you okay?" I asked as I picked up a stray pot that had fallen.

"Yes honey, just dropping things as usual." She chuckled to herself.

"Mmm, smells delicious, what's for dinner?" I asked my grandpa.

"Well, I'm only stirring the pasta, but your mother made a delicious shrimp scampi to go with it."

"Yes! My favorite!" I cheered and smiled broadly.

"That's why I made it, happy birthday sweetheart."

My mom handed me a small green bag with ribbons and tissue paper stuffed inside.

I sat down at the table and began to open it.

Inside was a small black box. I quickly opened it, excited as to what it could be.

I couldn't belive it. I stared at the silver charm bracelet in awe.

It was one of those chunky charm bracelets that had five charms.

One was a wolf, howling to the sky, next to it was a full moon charm. One was a large "K" for Krystal, next was a clear crystal star, and last was silver heart, shaped like the one I wore around my neck.

My mouth dropped in surprise. I couldn't believe the amount of thought and process that must have gone into this gift.

"Wow mom, how did you know how to get something so perfect?" I asked with tears welling in my eyes.

"Well honey, it was fairly easy when I thought about it. I mean you've been fascinated by the wolves and stars for years. I knew you'd like the charm braclet."

"But, how about the heart charm. It's shaped exactly like the one I wear around my neck, the one I found in the woods."

"Yes, well when I went to the jeweler I showed him a picture of it. He said he could recreate it out of silver and into a charm. I knew the necklace was important to you, so I had the charm specially made." She answered with a smile.

"Thanks mom I really love it. It's the best thing anyone's ever gotten me." I threw my arms around her neck, hugging her tightly.

Everyone I knew thought I found the heart shaped pendant in the woods behind our house, because that's what I told them. But my wolf and I knew the truth.

But what my mom got me was truly extraordinary. She had never got me something so thoughtful and personal before. I was hard for people to "get." So I usually received generic gifts. Nothing that perfectly reflected myself and interests like this.

"Thanks again mom, I really love it!" I beamed as I put the charm braclet on.

My grandpa came over to the table and set down a plate of pasta with shrimp scampi on top and a side of salad and bread. Once he put my food down he handed me a pale pink bag and said,

"Happy birthday bunkee." He said as he used my pet name my grandmother used to call me.

I smiled and opened up the bag.

It was two crystals. You would think with a name like Krystal I would hate people giving me crystals. But I really actually love crystals.

Collecting them is one of my hobbies.

My room is full of them, in each corner and open space I have carefully placed crystals of different colors and sizes.

One crystal was an amathyst skull. I had never seen such a cool crystal. It was just like the famous crystal skulls, except it was made of the most beautiful purple amathyst. The second crystal was a clear blue crystal wolf. It was beautiful. I started at it awe struck.

The blue was the same blue as my wolf's eyes. I couldn't believe he found such a beautifully carved crystal.

"Wow, grandpa, where did you find these? Their beautiful!" I smiled.

"I got them at a garage sale over the summer, nice older lady, she said they called to me, because I had to give them to someone I love. I knew that someone was you."

This was truly becoming the best birthday ever. They had never managed to find me things so perfectly made for me. I never thought they bothered to realize the things I liked so much. My heart swelled with love for them both.

I hugged my grandpa, and then sat back down to finish my dinner.

Once I finished my dinner I put my plate in the sink. As well as put my two new crystals in my purse, and make sure my bracelet was on securly and said good bye to my family.

I slid my black stilettos on before walking out the back door to go to my car. I walked around the side of the house towards the garage where my car was.

The garage was right near the edge of our woods, so I knew I would feel his eyes on me as I got into my car.

But I never expected what happened next.

▪▪▪