31

I drove to school in a daze.

My mind was only on one thing...

Travis.

He was mine. 

Totally, and completely.

Forever.

***

I barely remember getting out of my car and going to Math class.

"So what are you gonna wear to Dom's party tomorrow Krys?" Mia asked, jerking me from my thoughts.

"Huh? Oh... umm... I don't know. Probably what I always wear... jeans." I replied. Still not remembering walking to class. All I remember is seeing blue eyes and feeling warm sensations drowning me in the most immense amount of love and pleasure I've ever felt, and ever would.

"Ugh come on girl, you gotta at least try a little. What if we come over tomorrow after school and pick something out!!" She screeched happily.

I sighed. "Yes. Yes. Okay, I surrender, you can help with my outfit."

"Oh yeah! 1 point for Mia!" She yelled, throwing her hands in the air.

We all laughed until the new math teacher Mrs. Walker looked over from her desk and shushed us with her finger.

The rest of the day went on fairly quickly, luckily I never ran in to Dom, which made me relieved but also scared me... He could be out there right now killing other people.

After school I walked to my car and Belle was waiting by my car.

I was still agonizing over Dom and what tomorrow would bring. She must have seen my distress because she said, "Don't worry. Tomorrow will be here soon enough and we'll stop him. Maybe he's had a change of heart and is trying to suppress his murderous tendencies." She stated.

I felt sick just thinking about it. "Yeah maybe... I hope your right." I said.

"Me too." She replied. "I'll see you tomorrow."

I climbed in my Jeep and drove home.

"Making some penne ala Vodka, and a salad for dinner tonight Krys." My Mom said as I walked into the house.

"Sounds good Mom, I'm gonna do some homework before then." I replied as I climbed the stairs to my room.

I pulled out my portfolio and started working on the oil painting of the Travis and his wolf.

Now that I had met Travis as a human a few times, I longed to have a real photograph of him. I guess my oil painting would have to do for now.

I thumbed through my portfolio looking at the pictures of his wolf. I had tons of paintings and sketches and even photos of him as a wolf.

I laid the picture of his man form and wolf form on my desk and continued to add some touches of color here and there. I started to color in the background of the forest and sky and lake.  I got distracted and began staring at the picture of him and thinking about everything that happened on the last 24 hours.

I looked out my window longing to see Travis. Of course he told me he had to take care of pack business to prepare for tomorrow.

I gingerly touched the mark under my sweater. It was slightly raised, but had healed quickly and was now smooth to the touch. In about a day I would make my first change into a werewolf.

I couldn't believe it. This was crazy. I wondered how I'd explain all of this to my family.

"Krystal! Dinners ready!" My Mom's voice brought my thoughts to a halt as I heard her call from the bottom of the stairs. I scrambled from my inner thoughts to head down to the kitchen.