38

Travis took me to a house secludedly nestled deep in the woods about a mile from my house.

I stared around in wonder as I looked at the houses in front of me. The one large house in the middle was surrounded by a bunch of other smaller ones. He headed straight for the largest of the group. It was an older looking house, it was made of wood logs and siding, and built 3 stories up. The houses looked like they'd been around for generations. Built with the blood and sweat, by the hands of hard workers.

Travis trotted up to the front door which was partially propped open. He led us inside to where the house opened up into a large living area with plush leather couches, high vaulted celinings with wood fixtures, making it look like a cozy cabin in the woods, which it certainly was. Last but not least, there were 5 kerosene heaters splayed about the room on full blast. Part of me was glad for the warmth, since ice was starting to seep into my bones, but the other part of me felt wind blown from the power of the heaters aimed at us.

An older woman, who looked to be in her 70s, or 80s, sat on one leather couch soaking up the warmth emmiting from one of the heaters.

"Doc." I heard Travis' deep gruff voice from behind me. I turned to see a jean clad, shirtless Travis standing behind me by the front door.

My eyes widened at his large muscular chest. He must have changed back right after we walked in and I stepped off his back, but I was too busy noticing the wood fixrures to hear him changing back into his human form.

"Alpha, glad to see you both made it back safely." She smiked warmly at the two of us.

"Did you ever doubt me?" He asked with a laugh.

"Of course not." She replied back. "Luna, lets take a look at you."

"Please, its Krystal." I replied looking down at myself covered in a bloodied sheet. Miraculously the blanket didn't fall while I was clutching on to Travis' back as we ran through the woods.

The Doc motioned over to the couch she had been sitting on. "Come, sit." She guided me into a sitting position. She knelt down in front of me, "Can we take away this sheet? I'd like to have a look at your wounds."

"Umm, I'm okay..." I lied. The pain in my side was still throbbing from where Dom had stabbed me.

"Krystal please, Doc's been healing my pack for generations. She knows what shes doing. Let her take a look at your wound." Travis pleaded from beside me on the couch.

Doc put her weathered hands on the edges of the sheet surrounding my naked body. I could feel my cheeks heat up to a bright red from the embarrasment of being naked in front of a stranger and Travis. I cleared my throat and raised my eyebrows at Travis.

He responded with a chuckle and rolled his eyes. "Okay, I'll just stare up at my celing, which you were admiring before." He said as he laid his hand on my thigh and gave it a squeeze before looking up at the celing.

Doc smiled at me again and then opened up the sheet, looking down at the wound under my ribs. I was afraid to look down, but swallowed my fear and peered down at my side. Blood was crusted atound the jagged edges of the wound opening, and new blood was still falling slowly from it.

My eyes widened in horror and my stomach churned as I assessed my wound. I was no Doctor, but it didn't look good.

"Honey, he got you pretty deep, but you'll heal fast once I put a poultice with some crushed herbs on it. It should help the swelling goes down, and the bleeding will stop. You've got Alpha blood in you. You'll nstart healing within the hour. Now let's lie you down and get you cleaned up."