24

Shock, may have been the right word.

Air was completly forced out of my lungs as I looked at Travis standing beside my car.

The wind had picked up and was whipping his dark black hair accross his sharp feautures.

My heart beat started to kick up, and all of a sudden I heard a low growl coming from beside me.

I had forgotten all about Dom standing next to me. I turned to look at him when I heard an even deeper, louder and angrier growl coming from straight accross the parking lot.

Right from where Travis was standing next to my car.

His jaw was clenched tightly and his brows woven together in anger.

But something deep inside told me not to make him angrier.

To go over and soothe his wrinkled nose and barred teeth.

Without a word or a glance back at Dom or Belle I darted off into the direction of my car and Travis.

As I neared his feautures began to soften a bit, but I could still hear a low grumble coming from deep within his body.

"Get in." Was all he said as he ripped the passenger side door open and shoved me in.

"You're going to drive?" I asked as he sat down in the drivers seat and held his palm face up prompting me to put the keys in his hand.

"No. Not until you tell me what this is all about. I mean you show up outta no where. As a human! How!? How, is this even possible? And your all angry and growly. And you left me alone the other night, without even saying goodbye." I finished my ramble softly as I remembered how sad I was when I woke up to find Travis had left I'm the middle of the night.

His feautures fell into a frown. "I'm sorry. I'll explain everything, but please give me your keys so I can drive away, and get us away from him." He seethe out him with more venom than I knew his deep beautiful voice could muster.

"Him? You mean Dom?" Travis started growling and snarling at the mention of his name.

My eyes widened in shock at the sound, but my heart beat kicked up a few notches and my body got warm tingles all over, and not from being frightened.

"I have to pick up my brother." I said as I handed him my keys.

"Fine." He replied before peeling out of the parking lot as fast as my old Jeep could manage.

We pulled up to Trenton Middle School and my brother Charlie came running to the car.

When he saw me in the passenger seat he gave me a weird look, but opened up the back door and got in.

"Who's the dude?" Charlie asked while holding onto the headrest in front of him and looking over my shoulder, eyeing back and forth between Travis and I. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Char, this is Travis. Travis, this is my little brother Charlie." I smiled back at my brother.

"Why's he driving? Did you break your foot or something? We know you're accident prone." Charlie said with a laugh.

For a 15 year old he was becoming quite the sarcastic know-it-all.

"Actually, I didn't feel good. Travis is driving so I can relax. Right?" I asked in Travis' direction.

"Huh?" He looked at me surprised when I stared at him waiting to answer.

"Oh yeah. I felt bad you driving around if you didn't feel good." He said lowly, and finished off with a smirk that made my heart stop.