21

We walked out to his car and he opened the door for me again.

I was about to climb in when I felt a pair of familiar eyes on my body from the edge of the parking lot. Right where the concrete met the woods.

He was watching me. My wolf.

No. Travis.

Travis was watching me.

His eyes widened as he noticed Dom's arm around me and then a loud snarl came from his throat.

"That damn wolf again!" Dom spat from beside me.

There was a low growl coming from him now too. He kept his arm wrapped around me in a possessive way.

This made Travis growl even louder from the edge of the woods.

Dom shoved me in the car and slammed the door. He got in the drivers side and threw the car into drive.

He sped furiously through the streets of town, narrowly avoiding parked cars and walking pedestrians.

"Could you slow the hell down? your acting like a mad man!!" I screamed.

His nostrils flared as he took in a deep breath.

"No!!" He roared. "That stupid fúcking wolf needs to back off, or I'm gonna kill that bástard animal." He finished angily.

"Like hell you are. If you touch him I swear to God Dom, I will hunt you down." I yelled back at him. "That wolf has done nothing wrong. He's just protecting me, and making sure i dont get hurt. Which is more I can say about you. Don't be a crazy asśhole." I said a little more calmly.

Then he sighed, and took a large gulp of air, his hands seemed to relax a bit on the steering wheel, "You're right. Sorry. It's just. That's the wolf that bit me right? I mean he practically tore my arm off!! And now he shows up at your house this afternoon when I pick you up, and again in the parking lot... like what the fùck is wrong with that thing... he just follows you around?" He said in exasperation.

"Yeah. Well, you were trying to force yourself on me. He was protecting me." I replied unenthusiasticly, for it was true. Dom was trying to rape me. He deserved what Travis gave him.

My wolf. Travis, was trying to save me that night.

"Yeah well I'm just a little upset about that night, and my injured arm..." He said, while looking down at his arm that Travis bit.

I was a little upset he was such a fúcking idiot.

I rolled my eyes as I stared out the window.

"Well Dom, I'm a little upset you thought you could force your way onto me- drunk or not, it was disrespectful and discusting of you to act that way. You kind of fúcking deserved what that wolf did to you." I replied.

He scoffed. "Seriosuly Krys. I told you, I'm terribly sorry. I wish I could take back my actions and make up for them. That's what I'm trying to do right now... is show you I'm not actually a jerk. I'm sorry. I promise to keep trying harder, and I'll find a way for you to forgive me." He said sadly from his seat.

He stole a sideways glance at me as he continued out of town and wound his way through the streets to my house.

He looked sad. Forlorn.

He looked how I felt inside.

I didn't want to be sitting here with him.

I wanted to be sitting with Travis.

But that wasn't going to happen.

He pulled into my drive and helped me out, and continued to walk me to my door.

He paused, standing over me, closer than what was comfortable, He was looking at his shoes until suddenly he was searching my eyes, staring deep down into me, and trying to reach something that was never going to be his, something he'd never get.

My heart. My soul.

"I'll try to please you as long as you'll let me. I'll keep trying to win your favor and your forgivness." He said as he leaned in close to kiss my cheek.

I froze, and my eyes shot open wide.

I didn't want his lips anywhere near me.

I looked past his head and into the woods lining my house.

Right at the edge of the pines stood my wolf.

Travis.

Standing tall, and strong- looking at me with his icy blue pools boring deep into my soul.

Those were the only eyes that could ever reach all the way through me.

Paralyzing me with fear, and passion, mystery, and adoration.

And maybe even Love.

He was the only one who would have me.

My heart. My body. My Soul.

Whether I had him or not.

Dom's body stiffened beside me as he realized I was staring off into the distance, and not at him.

He knew my wolf was there. He didn't even have to look.

He straightened himself out of his crouched position next to me and trudged his way back to his car and drove off without looking back at either of us.

▪▪▪