37

Once I finished off Dom, I felt exausted from the entire ordeal. The fighting, the worrying, I truly wanted nothing more than to wrap my arms around my mate and kiss her.

I turned back to my human form and walked over to her. She was the most beautiful wolf I'd ever seen. A silvery white color, like fresh fallen snow, that shimmered under the light of the full moon. Her eyes remained the same color of a forest in full bloom.

I told her how to concentrate on changing back to her human self; she succeeded rather quickly, surprising me.

I watched as my father stand over Krystal's naked form, handing her a blanket to cover herself. It infuriated me to a boiling rage. I wanted to rip his throat out for just looking at her. Even though I knew he was just trying to help, it didn't make the jealousy any less bitter tasting in my mouth.

I scooped her up and intended to walk her back to the pack house, where my pack doctor would be waiting to treat her, or any others who may have been hurt.

I wanted nothing more than to get her as far away from prying eyes as possible, and right now there seemed to be about 30 pairs, scanning us over from the sidelines.

One hard look in each direction and a terrorizing thought directed at the pack sent them scampering away.

"Half of you clean up this mess. Dispose of his body so it's never found. I'm taking my mate to the doctor. The other half clean up the mess at Dom's house. Make sure all the humans get home. Don't leave any sign of a struggle, or clue as to what happened. We don't need any trouble from the mundane police."

The wolves nodded and ran to get to work.

I continued carrying Krysral towards the woods that would lead us home. I could feel her body start to tremble in my arms, causing me to hug her closer. I looked down at her chest and could see blood seeping through the blanket. My heart squeezed at the thought of her being hurt because I couldn't find her fast enough. I quickened my pace, "Don't worry, we'll be back at my house soon enough and the Doc will be there to take care of you." I told her as I leaned down to kiss her cool forhead.

As I got to the edge of the parking lot, I heard a familiar voice call out from the trees, and out came my Beta Derek with Krystal's best friend Belle on his back.

Oh man, I am going to kill him for not listening.

"Belle!?" Krystal screamed out as she tried to wrestle away from my arms, to her advancing friend, who happened to be riding on the back of a dead wolf.

I grumbled to myself, and held her tighter. "You're hurt, I'm not letting you go. Stop fighting me." I whispered in her ear. I should have known Derek wouldn't be able to resist the charms of a woman.

Belle jumped off Derek and and ran the rest of the way to Krystal, and encased her and I in a big hug. I stiffined at the strange foreigness of physical contant with a woman other than Krystal.

"Are you okay!?" She questioned, looking down at her body covered in a bloody sheet. "Holy freakin curd!! You're hurt!! What did that jerk do to you? I'll kill him." She bit out angrily as she continued to look Krystal over.

"I'm fine. I'll be okay, I'm a werewolf now, I'll heal fast." Krystal said with a smirk and a small chuckle. I could tell she was lying through her teeth; the pain in her side was still bothering her. Dom stabbed her with a silver knife, and silver to a werewolf is like sunlight to a vampire. Even the strong ones are affected. "And it's too late to kill him, Travis aldeady took care of him." She looked up at me with a greatful smile.

Belle's eyes almost popped out of her head when she heard the news of Dom's demise.

"Oh, good. Because I didn't really want to have to kill him. But I would have..." Belle trailed off.

"My girl here actually did most of the damage." I said as I smiled down at my mate, snuggled against my chest. I laid a kiss of her forehead, causing Krystal's cheeks to darken. Belle's mouth droped open as she stood there in shock at hearing how her best friend almost killed Dom.

I now focused my attention on my idiot best friend and Beta. "You told me you'd take her home. What in the hell are you doing here Derek? I'm going to rip you a new one." I growled out to the wolf. Krystal turned her head up to look at me; her pine colored eyes gave me a look of exasperation as she rolled her eyes at my outburst, but her beauty left my heart pumping faster.

Krystal rolled her eyes at me, "No, you're not Travis. Calm down." She put her hand on my broad shoulder, massaging the muscles which were straining against the seams of my tight shirt. Her hand on my skin it felt like my whole body would catch fire and my clothes would burn with it.

I turned my eyes away from my beautful mate to see a naked Derek in front of me. He stood behind Belle, towering almost a head taller than her and almost as big as me. His body was naturally tanned and his hair was the same golden brown as his wolf coat. He stood at Belle's back holding on to her shoulders, and blocking out most of his nude body.

I shielded her eyes, so she wouldn't be able to see the naked idiot in front of us. She just giggled at my move.

"Travis. Alpha... I couldn't say no to her. I tried, but I just couldn't deny her of brining her to her best friend." Derek replied.

"What do you mean you couldn't?" I asked.

"Well, just that. I couldn't. It would have killed me to upset her." Derek responded back to me with a look of pain, or regret, on his features.

"Shes my mate, Travis. There was no way I could deny her of checking on her friend. I knew you'd have already taken care of the situation by now. I knew the danger would be gone, and it's not like I would have let her march onto the boat into danger or geting in the way of the fight." He thought to me privatley through our mind link.

I sighed. I knew he was right. Whenever Krystal had something in her mind that she wanted to do, it was hell for me to deny it to her.

"I understand. Goddess knows I have a hard time saying no to Krystal." I replied back to him with a smile and a squeeze to Krystal's shoulder.

"What's going on?" Krystal asked me through our link.

"They're mates." I replied back. She gave me a questioning look, so I clarified, "Derek and Belle."

"WHAT!?" She screamed out loud. Everyone turned to look at me at my mate as she blushed from her loud outburst.

"Mhhmm." I whispered in her ear. "Now, can we please get you home and checked out. Silver wounds take a toll on werewolves, and sometimes take a long time to heal. Let's go." I cooed, hoping she'd finally let up so we could get out of here.

She smiled back up at me and wound her tiny hands around my neck, so she could pull her body up to reach my lips. She brushed her soft skin against mine, igniting a fire deep within my body. I groaned and wrapped my arms tighter around her body, pulling her closer to my chest and deepening the kiss.

Finally she pulled away and nodded, "Yes, we can go home." She said as she kissed me again, this time on the mark at the base of my neck, causing a growl to errupt from my throat as my core heat up even further.

I smiled at her, and wasted no time turning back into my wolf form, pulling her onto my back with my teeth, and running towards the woods back to my house.

"Travis!!" She yelped with laughter from my back, clinging tightly on to my neck as I ran as fast as I could.