5

I drove for a few blocks before I had to pull over because couldn't see through my tears anymore.

I glanced at the clock on my dashboard. 7:45.

Okay I still had about 15 minutes until I was supposed to meet the girls at Belle's house.

I looked at myself in the mirror and gasped. Black was smeared all down my face, made worse by me wiping my hands across my face trying to dry the tears as they fell. I opened my glove compartment and luckily had makeup remover wipes and some extra makeup that I always kept in my car.

I wiped away the salty tear trails that went down my face and the smudged mascara and eyeshadow. Once my face was fresh again I powdered my cheeks to blot away the redness and then reapplied the gold eye shimmer and mascara.

There, some semblance of normalcy, instead of red and blotchy tear stricken Krystal.

I took a moment to gather my thoughts. Why did my wolf look at me like that? And why was he growling at and fighting with his pack? Over me!? Was he protecting me? I didnt understand, it all happened so fast. I felt like it didnt really happen, but it did.

I took a deep breath and shook it all away, I pulled off the side of the road and drove the short distance to Belle's. She lived in one of those gated communities. Her dad was the town judge, her mom a real estate agent, so they made good money. Her house was nice, and very big. A little too "hoity toity" for my taste, but it was always the perfect place to hang out. She had a huge room with big TV and a private bathroom, with a jacuzzi! So we always had sleepovers and hang outs at her house.

I couldn't get his eyes out of my head.

They were just there. Looking right at me, staring into my soul like always.

I parked my car and went inside Belle's I found both her and Mia in front of her large bathroom mirror each applying exuberant amounts of makeup.

"Hey guys," I said as enthusiastically as I could muster.

"Hay gurlfriend!" Mia beamed from her spot by the mirror as she lined her brown eyes with a dark liner.

"Girl you look tense, you alright?" Belle asked as she picked up the curling iron. She was always good at reading people's emotions.

"Yeah, I'm great, just full from dinner." I replied.

"Hmmm. Okay. Well Happy Birthday betch. You look banging in that dress. That I," Mia coughed loudly to reprimand her mistake, "sorry, WE made you buy." Belle finished with a smile.

I laughed.

"Yeah you look amazing Krys, but what about your hair? Hmm, let's see... Ohh Belle, pass the straightener."

I grumbled under my breath but knew I would loose the argument and be forced to let Mia have her hand at my look for the night.

Another hour had passed before the three of us were completely ready to go to the club to celebrate my birthday.

Belle had golden blonde hair that she had curled to perfection, and was wearing a short shimmery pink strapless dress with silver heels. She looked smashing like always. And Mia looked perfect with her short black bob blown out to curve right under her chin, with a short red dress and matching red lips to go with it. They each looked so elegant, and I looked and felt strange and out of place.

I truly hated dressing up, but I figured I may as well dress up to go out on my birthday. Otherwise I'll never live it down with these two.

We made our way to Belle's garage where she kept her white mercedes. It was gorgeous, just like her. And it matched her personality to a tee. Sleek and classy.

We jumped in and she sped off to the dance club on the border of Trenton and Greendale.

The dance club "Spotlight," was known for letting in 18 year olds and letting them drink and dance their nights away.

When we arrived we jumped put and went to the door. Now that we had all officially turned 18 we could start using our real IDs instead of using Mia and Belle's older siblings. Luckily I looked similar to one of Belle's older sisters so I was able to use her ID for a few years.

But tonight I was 18. And can officially go clubbing.

Well legally, I can't drink, but let's just not tell anyone.

We walked up to the bouncer and handed him our IDs.

I felt his eyes before I saw them. Before I walked into the darkness of the club I looked back to the road and across the street to the woods, where I saw him peeking out from behind the trees, watching me.

I grumbled, still angry from our run in earlier and went inside the club to loose myself.