1. Something amiss

It was an ordinary start to the day at the hokage's office, where the new hokage of the hidden leaf, Naruto Uzumaki was still in the process of figuring out the paperwork with the help of his trusted advisor, Shikamaru Nara, the shadow ninja. Growing up, the young hokage always had been a little behind on the subject of reading or studying in general, so to say that he was having a hard time grasping to reading, sorting and deciding on the mounds of paperwork, was an understatement.

"Hey Shika! How about we leave the rest of the work for later and maybe we can grab some ramen!", the blonde hokage said excitedly.

"This is so troublesome Naruto, you've been procrastinating for days now, its getting old, plus i need to get back to Temari for dinner, i plan to... more like she made me, take her out for our first anniversary today, so can't have ramen with you", the Nara replied.

"B-but..bu-", Naruto tried to say.

"Now lets just get this over with so i can get back at a somewhat acceptable time, cuz i tell you that woman is troublesome when she's cross", Shikamaru shivered at the thought of his wife in a bad mood.

"Fine, lets just do this", Naruto sighed.

Naruto Uzumaki, the orange ninja of the hidden leaf village, the war hero loved by all, that is all he ever wanted to be in his whole life, to be the hokage and be respected. He accomplished that dream, but he never planned what if thats not what he only wanted in life. What was he going to do once he accomplished his life long dream? As soon as he became the seventh hokage, he instantly knew that he wanted something...more out of his life, but what?