23. Interruptions

It was late in the afternoon when he slowly got out of his dreamland, he could feel how good of a sleep he had had. Better than in months, years even. He could sleep more, he wanted to. But something told him to wake up, a weird feeling, what is that? He finally let his eyes be open completely, he felt it, a body wrapped up around him. Strong arms around his back, a muscular leg around his own, entangled into each other. He felt soft breaths on top of his head. And that scent...a musky scent made its way into his nostrils, when he realized that his face was against a broad, tan chest.

He remembered everything. If Sasuke Uchiha was asked if he'd want the activities of the early morning repeated, he would say yes within a heartbeat. He wanted to do it all over again, right that second. And he wanted to keep doing it, over and over and over again.

But....I cant. He tried to move without waking up the blonde, when suddenly he felt a sharp pain traveling up his behind. Fucking great. He had slowly succeeded to get himself out of the blonde's hold, although very reluctantly, and sat on the edge of the bed when...

"Good morning", came a husky voice from behind.

Fuck.

"Hn", Sasuke looked back at him, and his eyes widened, the blonde's hair was a mess, his skin glowing, his eyes so warm, and that stupidly loving smile he had on.

Fucking beautiful. His heart went out to him in so many ways. What the fuck am i feeling?

"So, how are you feeli-", the blonde tried to ask.

"I was just leaving", Sasuke said flatly, getting up and looking for his clothes.

Naruto's smile faltered.

He sat up, "Y-you're leaving already?"

"Hn", Sasuke replied, still searching for his clothes. Where the fuck are my pants?

"U-um, w-would you like some breakf-", he was interrupted by the shutting of the bathroom door that the raven had just entered.

Naruto put on his trousers and sat on the bed's edge, waiting for the raven to come out. Unable to decide how he should be feeling about what was unfolding at the moment. He waited for sometime before the door to the bathroom opened, Naruto stood up instantly, putting up a smile wanting to say something but the raven was already dressed and heading out of the bedroom.

Naruto was confused now, he followed the raven,
"S-Sasuke is everything ok-", he never got to finish that sentence, the Uchiha was already out the main door.

Naruto stood there utterly confused and somewhat...hurt. No i shouldn't think that way, what we had was amazing and...who knows maybe I'll ask him to...have dinner with me or whatever. He tried to stay positive.

The blonde went back to his room to get ready for work, looking at the remnants of the intimacy he had had with his raven man not too long ago, the bedsheets a mess, his pants on the floor, the pillows nowhere to be found. He smiled while thinking about the amazing time he got to spend with the beautiful Uchiha. He kept smiling and giggling while he got dressed, he skipped meal time, thinking he didn't want to be later than necessary.

The hokage made his way to his office, greeting the ambu at the door with a wide smile, he entered the office where Shikamaru could be seen working alone, sorting out multiple stacks of paper for the hokage to have a look at when he arrived.

Naruto greeted the Nara with a pep in his voice.

"Oh thank heavens you're he-", Shikamaru paused, taking a look at the blonde. His eyes widening, "You had sex didn't you", it was more of a statement than a question.

What the fu-...how does he....the blonde sighed, then replied with a shy, cheeky smile, "haha, you always get me Shika".

Whatever curses the Nara was about to throw at his hokage were left unsaid, he smiled at his friend cum hokage, "Must be a very lucky person".

"Um, haha. I don't know, i mean...i hope so too", the blonde said, rubbing a hand on the back of his head, cheeks dusted with a shade of pink.
"Anyway sorry for being late, so now, lay it on me Shika", he said, looking at the stacks of papers on his desk, getting in his work mode once more.

Shikamaru smiled at how adorable his hokage was, he shook his head, he had a hunch who the lucky person may be, but he decided not to delve into it just yet. Right now he was content at his very deserving friend having something good going on for him, personally.

"Of course Naruto", the Nara said. The work went on...

It had been a whole day that Naruto hadn't seen Sasuke, he waited for him to report to work or even his last mission, but nothing. The blonde tried to keep his head at work and not wonder if something between them had gone wrong, before it had even begun. Regardless, he patiently waited.

Sasuke made his way to the hokage's office later that day, with his normal stoic face. He opened the door and let himself inside. The blonde's face instantly lit up seeing his old rival coming his way.

Shikamaru was just heading out when he saw Sasuke enter, and paused, he took a look at the raven, and then at his blonde friend, knew it, he thought smiling, making his way out the door, closing it behind him

"Here's the report from the last mission, i apologize for it's late arrival", the raven stated, handing the hokage his file.

Naruto...didn't know how to feel about how the raven was acting so distant all of a sudden.
"That's okay. I'll look into it, any mishaps?"

"Just an attack from rogue shinobi on my way back, rest went smooth"

"Alright. So, I was thinki-", the blonde tried to say.

"I would like to be handed another mission, any would do, that the hokage deems fit", the raven said.

"I...um....b-but you just got back, you can have a break if yo-"

"I don't need a break, i can handle myself, im just letting you know that I'm available and willing"

Whats with him? And whats with the constant interruptions?

Naruto didn't know what to do, he didn't want to be away from the raven, not now, not when things were just starting between them.

"I'll let you know. Sasuke can I-"

"If theres nothing else, id like to leave", Sasuke made his way to the door when he heard a smack...

Naruto had put down his hands hard against the table and stood up, "Im not finished!".

"Do you have any work for me?"

"What? N-no i don-"

"Then we're done", the raven said flatly, turning back towards the door when Naruto was instantly between him and the door, arms crossed, eyebrows furrowed.

"What the hell Sasuke, do we have a problem?"

"I don't know Naruto, do we?", the raven said, frowning.

"W-what? Why are you being like this all if a sudden? Did i do something wrong?"

"Why would you think that?"

"Cuz you've been acting this way since-"

"Since what?", the raven's frown got deeper, almost glaring at the blonde.

Just then, the door to the office opened up, revealing a chunin team that had returned from the mission and wanted to report it to the hokage.

Naruto sighed, "We're not finished with this".

"Hn", and with that, the raven left the office, leaving the blonde fairly agitated.

What now?

A/N: Hello NS shippers! Would you want the chapters to be longer? Or the current length is alright with you? Let me know in the comments!