5. Frustration

It had been a week since Naruto had his spontaneous date with Hinata Hyuga. Like Naruto planned, they had dinner, spoke for hours and enjoyed each other's company till it was time to bid farewell.

Flasback:

They stood in front of the Hyuga compound when a silence fell upon them, both of them kept their eyes to the ground until Hinata looked up to her handsome friend...yes friend, during their date Hinata realized something, something she wished she realized a long time ago.

"I had a good time tonight Naruto, thanky-", she was interrupted by warm lips on hers, followed by muscular arms around her waist and back. Naruto was kissing the Huga, their first real kiss. Which only lasted for a short time till they pulled apart. Hinata was awestruck.

"Thanks for tonight, see you around Hinata", he said with a small smile, and waved at her while making his way back home.

End of flashback.

The hokage was sitting behind his desk with a big stack of papers on it. Shikamaru was telling him about the upcoming kage summit, but Naruto's mind was far away from his advisor, and more on the date a week ago with the lavender-eyed beauty. But not how one might think..

"Seriously Naruto wheres your head at? Ive been going on and on about this new strategy and you haven't spoken a word", complained Shikamaru.

"I...I..um..its nothing!"

"Its about your date with Hinata isn't it?"

"W-what? H-how do you know about that?", Naruto asked bewildered.

"Really? What a drag. Now spit it out", Sikamaru said unamused.

"No...I...fine", he groaned. "Its not really the date that's the problem..", Naruto couldn't find how to explain his problem.

"It's the kiss that followed", Sikamaru said as a matter of fact.

"Wh-what!? How do know ab...nevermind. Yes its about the kiss", Naruto gave up on questioning the all-knowing mind of the Nara a long time ago.

"Shika i didn't feel anything! I kissed her and it was like i was kissing a good friend, it felt..", Naruto tried to explain.

"Wrong", Shikamaru finished for him, to which Naruto just nodded as if ashamed.

What a drag, why am i even getting in this stuff, thought the advisor, but continued, "Alright. So what is it that you did like about her?"

"You see, I had a great time with her, she's smart, sweet, kind and an amazing listener..", came the reply.

"What else?", Shikamaru wanted to know if there was more to it than that.

"Well...s-she does have an amazing b-body, did you know her b-breasts heave up and down when she laughs, her t-thighs with perfect amount of juice, her waist so slim it makes an enviable curve when it meets her f-firm butt, her hair so sof.."

"Too much information Naruto. Did you get that from Kiba?", the Nara interrupted, holding up a hand to the ninja in front of him.

"What!? No i didn...", Naruto tried to counter, but gave up instantly and sighed, "yes, yes i did. I didn't even look at her like that, Shika whats wrong with me!?"

"Hmm, i have a hunch, but it's too soon to say. You need to take more chances like these to know for sure. You know, get out more, meet more people.", emphasizing on the word people as if trying to convey something to the knucklehead ninja. "Meanwhile..", another stack of papers was placed in front of the whining hokage, "You need to get back to work".

Naruto pouted and started working, still being all frustrated at his dancing emotions. Why couldn't i have just liked the stupid kiss? My first kiss with an amazing girl and i didn't even feel anything! Just great, im gonna die all alo..

His thoughts were interrupted by the office door opening and his breath hitched at eyeing the person in front of him.

"Im back. Hn, i see you're not eating ramen, did you wake up to the wrong end of the kunai, idiot?"

A/N: Hey NS shippers! do let me know what you think about the story so far.