16. Feudal lord

Things were relatively getting back to normal. Sasuke had come back to the office, taking on missions again, none for too long though.  At one point he took up a month long mission, which went horrible in his opinion. The blonde did not leave his mind for a second and as much as he tried to make this newfound affection his strength instead of his weakness, he only ended up wanting to get back to the village, to his home, to him.
When did home become so important to me anyway?

So he decided to give his heart a break, and take it easy just for the time it would take to figure out this situation between them.

What was the situation? Well, they both had started working together as much as possible, started having meals together, if both got free at the same time by chance, they'd hang out, just the two of them, not that any of them complained. The hyperactive ninja spoke nonstop, laughing amd joking, while his companion would listen mostly, smiled more often, and pitched in when the conversation required. Flirting was usual, on top of all that. It was a great situation they both would agree. Some might say that they were dating, but nope, not for them both fools, for them it was just two friends hanging around with an unusual situation between them.
And it were to remain that way if Sasuke wasn't to go on this next mission.

The feudal lord of the land of Fire was to travel to the land of lightening for a few political meetings with some foreign officials, which would mostly likely consist of just drinking with a few friends/ old enemies, or so they thought. And because it was a long journey along with the unknown duration of stay, he wanted the best shinobi for his guard. Well, the best had become the hokage now in his opinion, so that left..

"No", Sasuke said immediately.

"Oh come on Sasuke, he requested you personally for this", the blonde tried to reason.

"I don't care, im not going to guard an old man who does nothing but keep a facade of power over the hokage's shoulders. Besides, the war is over, he could have anyone to attend and guard  his flamboyance", the raven replied, standing across the hokage's desk, he couldn't care less about politics anyway.

Naruto felt a headache coming, he knew getting through to the raven with this mission would be work. "Sasuke, if i wasn't clear before, hear me now", the blonde put on a serious tone, "I am ordering you, as the hokage of the leaf, that you escort the highest official of the land of Fire to the land of Lightning, and remain on his guard while on his stay, however long it may be, till he gets back home safe and sound. Are you going to defy the hokage's order Sasuke?"

Sasuke's expression remained unconcerned, he didn't care for any of that and Naruto knew it. The raven was aware that the blonde was acting to sound all serious just so the raven would agree to his request. Ofcourse Sasuke would've said yes, he couldn't say no to his adorable blonde, he was titled the shadow hokage for a reason, and he planned to honor that reason, not because he cared for titles, but because it associated him with Naruto.

But, the more the raven wanted to say yes to the blonde, the more he despised the idea of staying away from him for who knows how long, and that too with a mundane mission to accompany a rich, old man.

His expression faltered to a pained one without his knowledge, "Naruto..", don't make me leave you, "Fine i'll do it", was what the raven reluctantly said.

Naruto smiled at the raven, "Alright then, this is your mission plan, you leave tomorrow at first light", handing out a paper to the ninja in front of him.

"Hn", the raven grabbed the paper, looked at his blonde for a moment longer than needed, and headed out the door.

As soon as the raven left, the blonde's smile fell unknowingly, he didn't want to be away from his friend for too long. Why am i feeling this way? Its a mission, and im the hokage for goodness sake! Get a hold of yourself!, he thought to himself. With that, he continued on with his pending work for the day.

                        - - - - - - - - - - -

It had been three whole weeks that Sasuke had been escorting the feudal lord and a few of his companions to the land of Lightning. He quickly came to the conclusion that they were dull people, with heavy pockets, expensive taste, bored and looking for entertainment. And thats what the Uchiha was here for, another addition to the official's show of wealth and power. Every person in the Shinobi world knew who and what Sasuke Uchiha was, well, he held the second highest power in all five nations, and he was fucking expensive for a mission of this caliber.

Sasuke didn't care, he just wanted this mission to be over. The feudal lord after a week of meetings did nothing but get drunk, play cards and...well, fuck. For the entertainment of the officials from all Shinobi nations, grand suites had been prepared. Beautiful men and women were seen come and go to these suites as the officials pleased

All Sasuke had to do was guard his feudal lord. He remained outside the old man's suite and made sure every person that went in was unarmed and got put a temporary chakra seal onto them before they were allowed inside. The raven had gotten tired of the dynamics of this mission, it was pretty much just standing, looking at attractive people, enough of whom tried taking their chance on the raven aswell, and then finally hear them moan and scream once they went inside the suite. He wondered how long was the old man's libido going to stand.

I wonder if the hokage knew what was he getting me into.

On one particular evening, the feudal lord had a little too much to drink. While being escorted to his suite, before going in, the official turned to the raven and said, "You're a young man yourself Uchiha, tell me, do you not dream of living the life im living right now in front of you?", a tone of superiority in his voice that the raven despised.

"I don't have shallow dreams like that", came the raven's cutting-edge reply.

The feudal lord simply stared at him and started laughing, "Oh to be young and bold. Very well then, a few people will be visiting me tonight. When they pass your screening process i want you to come inside with them", he said with an evil sort of smile.

"I will do no such thing, that is not part of my mission", Sasuke remained stoic.

"Oh but it is, you see, one of the people that are visiting me tonight is a sealing expert, and a war veteran. I hope i don't have to explain the situation further", and with that he went inside and left the Uchiha to decide.

Crap, Sasuke thought, a sealing expert could find a loop in the raven's chakra sealing jutsu. This could complicate things. The raven was disliking this mission more by the second, it had already been 5 weeks, he wasnt sure how much longer he could take this freak show, and how much longer he had to stay away from the one he wanted to spend every minute with, Naruto, thinking of the blonde brought peace to his heart, a smile on his face, he just...really fucking missed him.

The raven's train of thought was interrupted by a sense of strong chakra approaching him, he immediately got attentive. Three people made their way to the raven and halted in front of him. All of them, Sasuke noticed, were young and very attractive. The chakra came from the only man among the three, a brunette with caramel colored eyes who was the first to volunteer for screening from the raven.

"I don't have any weapons, not the conventional ones atleast , Mr. Uchiha", the man said with a smirk.

Sasuke ignored him and kept up with the process, he put the chakra sealing onto him, when the man said, "Well that one might not work on me, not that the feudal lord has anything to fear from me anyway, just letting you know", he leaned in so that he was next to the raven's ear, "I have a much more powerful weapon Mr. Uchiha, and i would very much like to show it to you if you'd allow me. Its the one i keep in my pants, well most of the times anyways".

The nerve on this man.

"Not interested", the raven said and then turned towards the two women, who were swooning onto the raven. Ignoring the women's advances, he got done with the screening as soon as he could and escorted them inside the suite, not knowing what to expect from this night ahead.

Here goes nothing.