6. Swoon Party

What is up with him lately, thought Sasuke. He had been back in the village for a few days now and noticed something off about the hokage. Naruto seemed distant, a little unfocused and overall frustrated, and Sasuke wasn't sure why.

Im probably over thinking, he tried to tell himself, but curiosity took over the best of him and he turned to look at one of the few people he deemed fit to be even near his only friend.

Shikamaru noticed a pair of dark eyes on him and sighed, "He had a failed date with Hinata Hyuga", eyes fixed on the paper in his hand.

Hyuga? Why her? She doesn't deserve him, Sasuke thought. "Why would he be acting this way over a crappy date?", he inquired.

Shikamaru raised an eyebrow, "I guess you wouldn't understand, Naruto needs someone. Its troublesome, but it is what it is".

Why would the idiot need someone, he has the whole village in love with him, Sasuke scoffed, "Hn".

He decided to let the matter be, let Naruto handle his own problems.

The following night, the women of the hidden leaf village were having a swoon party, when two of the most eligible bachelors were together, out and about. Sasuke had decided to tag along with his friend for his usual dinner at ichiraku's, hoping Naruto might spill what has been on his already overused brain. Idiot.

Sasuke noticed the swooning women around them, most had long given up on the Uchiha, but the young hokage was a hot topic and everyone wanted in on it. Sasuke noticed his companion completely oblivious of this fact, as his mind was already elsewhere. None of them deserve him, he thought as he put on a glare for anyone who decided to approach his forlorn friend.

"Lord Hokage! Would you like to accompany me to home tonight?", one managed to ask the orange ninja. It was a young woman, a very pretty young woman many might say.

"Wha..? I..um..haha...i mean..", Naruto struggled nervously. Nothing, she's obviously pretty and i feel nothing towards her! Im doomed, he thought, sadness and frustration showing on his whiskered face.

Sasuke noticed his friend's expression, and also the pair of breasts against Naruto's arm. He sighed," Come on idiot, we're here", as he grabbed Naruto's hand and led him into ichiraku's.

"What the fuck are you staring at me for idiot?", Naruto exclaimed while downing his third bowl of miso ramen with charshu.

Sasuke had been looking at his friend for any sign, what am i even looking for? Why do i even care?, he thought. "Are you going to tell me what's been bothering you for these past few days?".

Naruto stared back at his rival while slurping onto a noodle, as if deciding if he should discuss his problem with his emotionally retarded friend. There's no point sharing this with a stoic ass, he decided. "Let it go Sasuke, its nothing you could help me out with anyway. Im fine", he sighed followed by a forced smile.

He's fake smiling, there's definitely something wrong, Sasuke thought to himself, but he let it rest...for now. If Naruto wants any sort of support from Sasuke, he knows where to find him anyway.
So the Uchiha ended the conversation with a "Hn", and the rest of the night was history.