15. Forgive me

It was late at night, the air was chilly, the clouds signified that it might rain later, people had already retreated to their homes ready to call it a night.
Naruto was sitting on one of the roofs of the buildings, alone and sad. He had just gotten back from the sand village, the summit was a success, thanks to Shikamaru. It had been three days since he last saw Sasuke, asleep at the hospital. It hurt to see him like that and it hurt even more when the blonde had to leave him in that state.
He needed the raven to forgive him for what had happened...for what he had done.

The next thing he know, he was standing infront of a door. When did i get here? Im not even sure if he'll see me, im not even sure if he's even in there. Shut up! I need to do this.

He took a shaky breath, and knocked. Naruto instantly wanted to leave, but his feet were frozen to the ground, and he was wet, why was he wet? It must've started raining. Before he could make sense of anything, the door in front of him opened. And there he was, Sasuke Uchiha, in front of him, face as stoic as ever. Nobody moved for some time, which felt like excruciating hours to the blonde. Until Sasuke simply stepped back and went inside, leaving the door open, this made the blonde come back to reality. He cautiously stepped inside the house, closing the door behind him and went to the sitting area where Sasuke was lounging onto the sofa, reading a book, which Naruto recognized was the one written by the third hokage.

Naruto just stood there, looking at the peaceful looking raven. "Sas-", he trailed off, unable to speak, there was a lump in his throat, his head felt dizzy. He took off his soaked hokage cloak, letting it fall to the ground, and slowly made his way to the raven and sat down, more like fell, to the ground in front of him, putting his head onto the raven's knees, grabbing a hold of them.
"Sas-uke, I-I am...so, so, so sor-ry", he managed to say between sobs. "I-i m-made a terrible, horrible mistake, I-I just...", his grab on the raven's knees became tighter as if refusing to let go, and just sat there, crying like a deeply wounded person.

The hokage, finally managed to look up to see those dark eyes that seemed to pierce through his soul, he saw something in them that he never wanted to see ever, hurt. "I-I know i disgust you, Sasuke, but please try to forgive me...", the raven turned his head away, as if it pained him to see his blonde like that.
"Sasuke...please i beg of you...Sas..", the blonde's head fell back to the knees he was grabbing onto for dear life and continued crying uncontrollably, for who knows how long.

Naruto opened his eyes slowly, it was bright. I must've fallen asleep. He was laying on the sofa,  a blanket on top of him, his hokage cloak neatly folded onto a chair at a distance. The blonde managed to sit up right, placing both hands onto his face.
Sasuke...
He suddenly pulled his hands off of his face, when his nose took a whif of a very familiar smell. He immediately got up and made his way to the kitchen, where he saw what he thought was what he had been missing, for what seemed like his whole life, without even realizing it.

"I hope you like pancakes", the raven said with a small smile, he had just put the last one onto the plate. Making his way to the table, which already had brewed coffee on it.

Naruto instantly had tears in his eyes, he chewed on his lower lip to keep himself from an emotional waterfall. "I love pancakes", he said through tears.

"You need to have something other than ramen all the time anyway", the raven said.

"I..", the hokage breathed, pushing back his tears, "would gladly". He sat on the chair and smiled brightly to the raven sitting across from him, before stuffing his face with food. Sasuke was sipping on his coffee, watching the blonde with nothing but warmth in his eyes.

"You need a shower, you look like shit", the raven said playfully.

"Well, staying flawlessly handsome all the time has always been your forte anyway", the blonde replied. Did i just flirt? With Sasuke? A man?

Sasuke continued to take a sip, amused by this interaction.

Naruto thought he could stay in this moment forever, why was he feeling this way? He had yet to figure, right now it didn't matter. But it didn't take long for the thoughts to come back haunting him of the cruel things he did and said to this...this beautiful Uchiha.

He bit his lip nervously , "S-Sasuke I-"

The raven interrupted him, "What's done is done Naruto. I forgive you. Now please, forgive yourself".

This beautiful Uchiha.

Naruto could have hugged him right now, if he thought he was happy before, well he was even happier now. But he decided against it, thinking it would be too much, too fast. So he closed his hands into fists to try controlling the emotional roller-coaster he was experiencing.

Sasuke saw this, he saw all of it. The blonde's messy hair, his disheveled jacket, his tired eyes, tear stains on his whiskered cheeks from last night, his hands had turned into fists, his blue eyes carried, so much adoration, longing and relief, Sasuke only hoped it was all for him. And it was. It really was.

He's so beautiful.

He wanted to hug the blonde right now, caress his skin and take his pain away. But, he had to wait, what for? For how long? He had yet to figure out. He just knew that he wouldn't try rushing into this like he did that eventful night.

For the time being, the raven and the kitsune were content with what they had, each other's company. Which, in both their opinions, was absolute gold.

A/N: hello NS shippers! Should I end this story right here? Or would you like it to continue for a bit more? Lemon and stuff? Would you be interested in that? Please let me know in the comments.