45. A Tiny Piece

My name is Sasuke Uchiha. Who I am and what I am is not important. I did some bad things in the past and I would be atoning for those mistakes my whole life, bit by bit. All because I lost my family brutally, all of them. My whole clan. But what is clan? What is family? What I had lost all those years ago, I found again, all in one person, who was then kind enough to let me be a part of his life too. I honestly cannot imagine where i'd be in life if not for him. My Naruto. My idiot.

It had been a year and a half that the conversation between the two lovers had unfolded at the lake. Since then, they had began focusing on one another yet once again. Living their lives like two teenagers in love, working day in and day out, and because they sometimes didn't get to see each other for sometime because of work, their sex life was like bunnies. Yet, the Uchiha knew something was missing. The blonde would sometimes just break down out of nowhere, Sasuke would have to sometimes soothe him for hours on end. After that conversation about having a kid, a peice was broken between them, a tiny piece, but a piece nonetheless.

At the present, the Uchiha was on mission in the outskirts of the land of Fire, it had been only a month that he was here. A group of rougue Shinobi had attacked a small village and had left it in shambles. The raven after taking care of the ninja, was helping the villagers get back to their feet.

He had been working nonstop for hours now, and he needed rest. So he grabbed some food the villagers very kindly offered him and began waking into the woods just outside the village. He found a good spot under a tree and sat down, resting his muscles.

I should write to him.

Sasuke had made it a habit of writing to Naruto whenever he got the chance, he also made it a habit of keeping all the replies he got from his lover in an inside pocket of his cloak, close to his heart. That's right, the raven couldn't care less about sentiments but everything related to that one man, he treasured very deeply. So he began writing on a small piece of paper, when he heard something. It was the sound of rustling from one if the trees above.

Sasuke paused writing but didn't look up, "You can come down now"

But whatever it was up there didn't come down, instead they tried to run away causing them to slip and lose balance from the tree branch. Before they could make contact with the ground, a strong arm held them in a blink of an eye.

It was a boy, pale blonde hair, and wasn't more than ten years old. Sasuke was a little shocked to see a kid so far from the village. He didn't seem like a ninja, but he noticed a kunai tied to his arm. He let go of the boy, who immediately took a step backwards and held the kunai in his small hand.

"Stay away from me!", he yelled.

Sasuke stared at him for a while with a bored expression, then made his way back to sitting under the tree and resumed his writing. He heard a growling sound of a stomach. "I have food. You can have it if you want", he spoke.

It took the boy a long time to decide what he should do, he finally very reluctantly stepped towards the raven, swooped the food up and simply ran away. Sasuke found no problem with that, but he could hear his husband in his head to go after the boy and help him if he needed any. Idiot. So the raven finished with his letter, sending it off with Garuda and got up.

It didn't take long to find the boy, he was hiding behind a bush, relishing onto the food the mysterious man let him have, one bite at a time. "I can get you more if you're hungry", the raven said.

The boy got up and hurriedly pointed his kunai at the man, "I said stay away from me! Or I will hurt you!"

"Hm, that sounds dangerous. How about this, you tell me your story and I'll let you be if you want me to", the raven offered his deal.

The boy weighed his options and nodded after a while. "My name is Bolt. I used to live in the village nearby before it was destroyed by fucking Shinobi", he said with a venomous tone.

"Where are your parents? And why haven't you gone back now that it's being restored?"

The boy scoffed, "Restored? It's just more Shinobi fake helping the village just so they could destroy it again. They're all cruel and they took away my grandpa from me! The only family I had left!"

Sasuke's form softened at that, "Have you stayed in the woods alone since then?"

The boy stayed silent, he had a deep frown and tears running down his cheeks by now.

"Would it help if I come with you to the village so you could see for yourself?"

"I don't want to go back! I have noone left, a-and you're one of them aren't you? You're Shinobi too, I saw you working there a-and your sword"

"Listen kid, there's good and there's evil in this world-"

"You're all evil! And im going to destroy all of you when I grow up you'll see!"

Sasuke didn't like the sound of that. The boy reminded him of himself, before he was saved from a painful world of revenge by a knucklehead ninja. He wanted to help the boy in the only manner he knew how. Be there for him.

So Sasuke kept coming back for his daily afternoon meal to the forest for the remaining entirety of his stay at the village. The boy Bolt had started coming up to him more and more each day for the food that the raven brought for him. They sat down, had their food but made little conversation.

The last day of the stay arrived and Sasuke brought food for himself and the boy to the forest. They sat down eating without a word. Then the raven spoke..

"I will leave for home tonight. I've asked the village elders to provide you with food everyday, till you decide to go back", he said without glancing towards the pale blonde haired boy.

The boy paused for a second, but continued devouring his food. After finishing, the raven just sat there a little longer than necessary, he then lifted his hand up and placed it on the boy's head for some reason. Then without a word got up and left.

After about a day of journey, Sasuke was thinking back to the boy.

Could I have done something else? Something more? If only the idiot was here, he would know what to do.

Just then, his ears caught something and he abruptly stopped walking. "Okay come out now"

Silence.

Sasuke sighed, he picked up a small stone from the ground and flicked it towards one of the bushes, "OWWW!", came a sound, followed by Bolt rolling out holding his arm. "What the hell was that for?"

"Why are you still on my tail?"

"I-I'm not stalking you or anything, I just happened to be going that way". Sasuke just raised a brow at that, encouraging the boy to continue explaining.

"It's just that...i have noone to be with now. And...you've been somewhat kind to me and...huh forget it, this was a mistake", the boy said disappointed and started to walk away.

I should let him walk away. It's for the best.

But then the ever present sound of his husband at the back of his head came knocking back, telling him to help the boy. He sighed, "You wanna know what a real Shinobi looks like?"

Bolt stopped in his tracks and turned to face the man, confused.

Sasuke continued, "There are good and bad Shinobi in the world. You saw me, but I'm hardly halfway there, but I do know some people who fit the description. And I happen to be seeing them once I get to my village", he paused, "You're welcome to join me if you want".

He waited a moment and proceeded to walk his intended way. He smiled when small footsteps could be heard behind him not too long after that.