11. Crossing a line

Empty ramen cups, coffee and papers could be seen everywhere in the hokage room. It was getting quite late in the night, but the work in silence was swinging full on. Naruto was just about to give up on the work, but the raven working alongside him motivated him to go on. There was another reason to the heavy silence and the overtime working in the office that night, Naruto was being watched. He knew he had a pair of obsidians watching him closely, and as if to keep this going, the blonde acted oblivious and kept his eyes down to the papers in front of him.

But, it got to a point that Naruto became nervous and somewhat self conscious, so he decided to break the ice, "Sasuke can i help you with something?".

The raven as if taken aback a bit on being caught, simply shook his head no.

This went on for a while, the blonde had asked him twice again if something was wrong? But only received the raven's head shake.

Finally, the blonde put his pen down and stared right back into the deep black eyes of the raven and said in a serious, but also a concerned tone, "Seriously Sasuke what's up? You've been staring my way non-stop, is there something you want to say to me? Did i do something wrong?".

But just when the raven was about to shake his head no, the blonde continued, "-and don't you dare give me that head shake again, or so help me I'll come across this table to you and show you all my nine tails at once!", he ended with a deep breath.

Sasuke's expression remained unwavering, but he got up from his chair, started walking towards the hokage's desk, and stood across from the blond, hand on the desk and leaned forward, all the time maintaining eye contact with his blond friend.
They remained that way for a while, until Sasuke finally spoke, "What do you need?".

The blonde's frustration turned into confusion, "Huh?"

"What. Do. You. Need?", Sasuke repeated himself.

"W-what? A-another cup of coffee would be nice, but you don't have to be an ass about it", Naruto replied, folding his arms, an eyebrow up.

"Why do you have the need to go back to that...lewd club?", Sasuke rephrased his question.

Naruto's eyes shot up, what?, "First off, its not a lewd club, second, where is this coming from? What does the club have to do with anything?"

"You're obviously in need of something to want to go back to that place, so what is it?", Sasuke inquired.

Naruto's confusion was turning into slight annoyance on his companion's sudden, personal enquiries. "Im not in need of anything, nothing that concerns you any way. So let it rest now".

"Im making it my concern, now tell me", Sasuke remained adamant.

"For goodness sake Sasuke, you're acting like a child, and why do you concern yourself with this anyway?"

"Because I...I vowed to help you, that day after our last battle, in any way i can, with whatever it may be, even if its the last thing i do".

Naruto was taken aback by this, but he still didn't understand as to why Sasuke was interested why he needed to go to the stupid club.
"I respect that Sasuke, but some things you just can't help me with, or i might not even need your help".

"Try me", the raven said, his aura calm and persistent.

"No. And I suggest you leave this as it may be", the blond stared back with just as much persistence.

But the raven wasn't having it, "Why didn't it work out with the Hyuga girl?

"What!? Sasuke its none of your damn business"

"Listen idiot, the sooner you answer me is the sooner i let you off the hook, so, spill", Sasuke said as a matter of fact.

Naruto frowned at the raven but decided that it wouldn't hurt letting him know his recently discovered problem, he sighed, "It didn't work out with Hianata because i didn't feel anything romantic between us, so i figured its best if we remained good friends".

"Is that why you decided to get drunk and get it on with a man that night?", Sasuke crossed a line, he immediately knew it. Shit.

Naruto lost it at that, answering the raven's uncalled questions was one thing, but getting judged for no apparent reason was too much even for him, he got up from his chair, toppling it over, hitting a fist on the table between them," What the fuck Sasuke! What the fuck is wrong with you today? I don't have to explain shit to you, but if you must know, after my date with Hinata, i realized i haven't felt it with any woman i've met, i was fucking frustrated, i didn't know what to make of it"

Sasuke was a little shocked at the blonde's confession but also felt a bit guilty for getting his friend riled up like that, he opened his mouth to end this conversation but Naruto went on, as if wanting to get it off his shoulders once and for all, now looking at his fist on the table, "I didn't know what to expect when i went to the club that night, next thing i know i was drunk and was being approached by this chunin, and i thought to myself whats the harm in that, he really is attractive, i felt it Sasuke, i felt fucking something.  And i let him lead me on".

The blonde took a deep breath and looked up, right into the dark eyes and said, "Im twenty fucking four Sasuke, and the hokage now too, you'd think i'd have at least a girlfriend by now, ha! but turns out thats not what my heart desires. So tell me Sasuke, do i not deserve intimacy too? Do i not deserve love? A romantic kiss maybe? Someone to fucking go home to?", Naruto seemed almost sad, he deeply exhaled, turned around, and walked up towards the big window that overlooked the village.
"You asked me what i needed, now go figure", he had nothing more to say.