10. Pancakes

It wasn't the sunlight breaking through the blinds that woke him up, but the delicious smell of food that compelled his brain to wake up and find the source of it. Naruto sat up, and began to take inventory of his surroundings, the first thing he noticed was that he was shirtless, the second thing he noticed that he was in the Uchiha's room, on his bed, which caused him to sigh in relief.

Thank goodness I'm not waking up to a stranger's place.

He pulled himself out of the bed and made his way to the bathroom, took a much needed shower, put on a bathrobe that had been neatly folded on the marble slab, and made his way to where the stomach churning smell guided him.

Sasuke stood there in the kitchen, I hope he likes eggs and pancakes, wait-why the fuck do i care of he likes it or not-

"Ahem, good morning Sasuke", the blonde smiled brightly at his raven friend holding a plate stacked with what seemed like pancakes.

"Hn, eat", Sasuke said, handing the plate to the blond, while they sat down to eat. There was brewed coffee already on the table.

"Oh i love pancakes! Thanks man, you didn't have to ya know", and the next second he stuffed his face with the food in front of him.

"You need to eat something other than ramen all the time, idiot", Sasuke said while sipping on his coffee, eyes reading the blonde's every move. What am i his mother now?

"Say Sasuke, did i...behave myself yesterday night?" , the blonde asked, after he had finished his food, feeling happy and stuffed!

"You should be glad i decided to go meet you and your friends, i found you almost in time", Sasuke stated, looking out for any hint of confusion or regret on his friend's face, but he found none, in fact Naruto was...smiling?

"Haha yeah i kind of had a bit too much to drink i agree, regardless, it was one of the most fun ive had in a while", the blonde replied grinning ear to ear.

The raven raised a brow, not expecting this reaction from the hokage in front of him, and said, almost irritated, "Naruto, when i found you, you were practically humping a ma-"

"Sasuke i remember, everything. Though i apologize to have had bothered you", Naruto interrupted his friend with a smile, "Now if you'll excuse me, i have a village to get back to, and so do you. Thanks for the food again", and with that he got up, got dressed and left the Uchiha's residence, leaving the said Uchiha behind, baffled.

Later that day:

"Looks like the whole village is talking about the young hokage putting up a show on the dance floor yesterday night eh", Shikamaru said, amusement clear in his voice.

Naruto laughed, eyes still on the paper he was writing on in front of him, "So what do they say? Can i pass as an entertainer now?"

Shikamaru just chuckled to that and continued on the work on hand, the kage summit was coming up, and there was alot of preparation required, on top of that, most of the jonin hadn't come back from their diplomatic missions yet.
Sasuke was helping Shikamaru make up a strategy plan for the recurrent misconduct of rogue shinobi around the outskirts of the land of fire.

They had been working for 10 hours straight now and were about done for the day.

"Man, I've had enough of this summit already!", Naruto whined.

"It hasn't even begun Naruto", Shikamaru yawned while reading from a paper in his hand. Sasuke remained silent and kept up with the remainder of the work to be done.

"I might as well go to that club to unwind a little, maybe i'll make it a weekly sort of thing", Naruto said as if talking to himself when a sound pulled the hokage's as well as the advisor's attention to it.

Sasuke had dropped the stack of papers in his hand to the ground, and turned his hans in to a fist. His face showed as if he were...in pain? He instantly cleared his mistake and looked anywhere other than at the dou in the room.

This has got to stop, Sasuke thought. "Shikamaru, why don't you leave this last piece for me to finish, and you can go home if you'd like", he offered.

Shikamaru instantly knew something was going on in here that he wasn't in on yet, he turned to look at Naruto, "Well if its possible, it could be done. Temari will appreciate it im sure", the hokage said with a smile.

The advisor narrowed his eyes but was too tired to get into another mess, he sighed "So troublesome, alright then i'll see you both tomorrow", and with that he left the  two rivals alone in the hokage office for the night.