38. It's A Date

The annual festival was coming up. The villagers were excited, they always had the best celebrations up for it every year, with food, dance and entertainment. This particular festival was held in the name of peace, love and harmony, established by the sixth hokage, Kakashi Hatake after the great war. People from all over the world came to indulge in the week long celebrations, especially couples. Love was in the air throughout the week. It was common to ask one's crush out around this time, or to confess to one's partner, or just to renew and celebrate the love some already had for each other.

The seventh hokage and his right hand man were out and about in the streets of the village, the suits they wore attracting quite a bit of attention, enjoying seeing the preparations being done, well the hokage was enjoying, his companion was only there tagging along. A few days had gone by that the Uchiha had returned, and the hokage had ordered him to stay till he was fully recovered. His boyfriend was completely adamant on fulfilling the raven's nutritional needs.

"Come along now Sas, it's meal time!", he said excitedly.

"How do you still manage to be so loud, idiot"

"Maybe my being loud is the only reason that you even list-"

"Lord hokage!", they were interrupted by a sound. It was a woman. "Lord hokage, the festival is coming up so...so please accept this gift from me!", she said offering the blonde a wrapped box of a sort.

"Uh-oh for me? You shouldn't have", he said taking the gift from her as he didn't want to seem rude. The woman stood there looking at his eyes, with hope in hers.

"Uh thankyou for this", the blonde said, guessing that that was why the woman was still standing.

He guessed wrong. The woman smiled and got a little closer to the hokage.

"Lord hokage, we see that you have not yet taken a wife. Maybe you are looking for something...special? So we thought that if you were shy to come to us, then maybe we'd come to you", she said straight forwardly. "The gift also has my number, feel free to call me lord hokage", she said the last words leaning dangerously close to him, so he took a step backwards.

While all of this was taking place, a certain raven man stood beside the hokage as if he didn't belong in the interaction. He was weirded out at the gift at first but now this woman was straight up confessing to his boyfriend. Although, there had been no spoken rules between the two lovers in the past, the raven still discouraged being seen together in the public with his blonde. Not that he didn't want to, he just didn't want his blonde to have to face any unwanted talk or stares.

So standing there today, witnessing the love of his life being asked out, and even that for marriage no less. He felt completely helpless not being able to just swoop his man away or even stand up for him. And his blonde? Why wasn't he saying anything? Why wouldn't he say no? Was he having second thoughts? Just as he was sinking into the sea of his self doubting thoughts, he felt something touch his hand. It was another hand, tan fingers locked into his own, an all too familiar feeling. He looked up at the blonde, seeing that he was smiling warmly back at him.

"Lady, I appreciate you spreading love and standing up for it. But I already found my something special. Im sure you'll find yours someday too", he politely said to the woman in front of him, who seemed shocked at the revelation of the hokage, so did some people that were passing by them. But to the raven's surprise, no hateful stares, or curses were thrown at them. Maybe some shocked expressions but that was all. Even the woman smiled, as she nodded at them in acceptance and then left without saying another word.

Naruto then turned to the Uchiha and grinned. "Come on now love, I wanna feed you", he led him on, still holding his hand.

Sasuke was dumbfounded. Everything that he had been avoiding for to happen, did happen and was continuing to happen as the blonde kept his hold on the pale hand. But the raven couldn't make himself break the contact. It was far too...precious at the moment. The feeling of the man you loved, standing up for you like that, and claiming you in front of others was surreal. The very thing that the Uchiha had been avoiding, was what was thrilling him upon happening in that moment.