19- Almost Sweet

"Okay, just straighten your back a little and look over there. Perfect." The photographer stood a few feet away from (Y/n), directing her and giving her instructions for his shot. A small smile curved his lips as she took the pose and he captured the scene. "Good." He murmured more to himself than to the female. "That will be all for now. Thank you !"He announced, satisfied by the result.

(Y/n) let out a relieved sigh as she finally relaxed her posture, rolling her shoulders and shuffling with her puffy organza dress, the lavender fabric twirling around her legs. She looked at her reflexion in the mirror, a small smile curving her lips as she played around with the fabric. 

"Agreeable right ?" Jean approached her, a satisfied smile adorning his features, his painted nails reaching over to smooth over a small wrinkle on his striped shirt. 

"Yeah, I really like it. Light and easy to wear, comfortable yet fashionable..." The female answered, offering him a kind gaze. Not the kind of dress she'd wear everyday though. 

"This dress is terrific. But I know what you just thought, dear. Too fancy for everyday life ?" He queried, adjusting the straps over her shoulder with a light frown, mumbling about how he should perhaps change the fabric for silk instead of cotton. More comfortable. 

"Well... Yeah. People could though, but I think I'd keep this dress for special occasions like parties or celebrations." She clarified, observing the male in the mirror. 

"Mmh... You are too good. Or maybe I am too funky, who knows ?" He chuckled at his own statement, taking a step back and seizing a measuring tape. "I think I'm going to let you keep this one. It suits you really well and I like the idea of you showing off the brand at a student's get together."  He affirmed, taking a last look at the dress before sending the girl a friendly smile.

(Y/n)'s eyes widened, she turned around quickly, facing her older friend, "Wait, really ?" She queried, barely hiding the joyful smile adorning her lips.

"Yes, really." Jean chuckled warmly.

"Wow, thank you." 

"Well just make sure you wear this fabulous creation of mine to one of your parties !" He gave her a closed eye smile. 

'Mia and... Her.' 

Nathaniel stared at the (h/c) haired girl a few feet away from him. He hadn't been able to get her out of his mind. 

Her bright smile, luscious locks, soft (c/s) under the moonlight on this night they spent together on the sidewalk, her voice and her laugh... Everything about her sent his heart swelling in his ribcage, like a balloon full of helium. He never felt like this, about anything or anyone, but he didn't quite catch the intensity of his feelings and their nature until a few days ago, when Mia told him about their relationship.

Of course a small part of him was happy for his best friend, he had rarely seen Mia this happy and she deserved it. But a bigger part of him would cringe and twitch every time he'd think about his friend's lips on (Y/n)'s, how the two girls would hold and how Mia would place a gentle arm around the other female's waist. Now his heart throbbed, a dull pain resonating through his chest and making it hard to breath. 

Usually he'd have no reasons to be jealous of his friend, he respected her too much for that and he had nothing to be jealous of. Even though he never had a stable and long term relationship, his various flings and one night stands kept him on his toes. He never felt the need for any romantic attachment, that is until now. His heart beat for (Y/n), painfully so, and it had since the very moment he had set his eyes on her.