11- Talk too much

Mia pushed the changing room's door open, the unpleasant smell of sweat and deodorant greeting the two girls. (Y/n)'s nose scrunched up reflexively, her eyes scanning her surroundings. Three girls were changing in matching red and white outfits, which the (h/c) haired girl guessed to be the cheer uniform. Another female busied herself by tying her ebony locks in a bun. However upon hearing the door opening, she focused her attention on the new comers, a dazzling smile curving her lips at the sight of the pair.

"Hey Mia ! Ready for the auditions ?" She questioned enthusiastically, now adjusting her socks. Then her bright chestnut eyes averted to (Y/n), she advanced her way and extended a delicate pale hand which the (h/c) haired female shook gladly.

"And you must be (Y/n)." Her features softened kindly, "Mia told me about you. I hope you'll join us !"

"That's me ! I'll try my best." (Y/n) replied with a friendly smile of her owns, fidgeting with her fingers. She had never passed auditions, for anything and exposing herself in front of people had never been her cup of tea either. Quite ironic considering her modelling job consisted of just that. Posing for people she barely knew. 

The green haired female put her bag on one of the wooden benches and began sorting through her things, getting out her uniform and shoes. She began undressing, followed by (Y/n) who got dressed in some shorts and tee shirt. She had read on the internet that, during cheerleading auditions, looks were especially important as it gave away the manner in which you carried yourself, and therefore if you had a place in the team or not. So she had opted for comfortable clothes in which it would be easy to move, while also considering their design and the image they'll give off.

"Speaking of auditions Sally, how is our dear captain doing today ?" Mia questioned as she put on her pleated skirt.

The black haired female, which was apparently named Sally, grimaced, lips set in a tight frown.

"Just being her usual self I guess... She have had her eyes set on this new teacher you know... Mr. Ichika I think ? But as a teacher he doesn't really pay her any mind, you know ? Guess she's kind of bitter because of this."

The green haired girl's features tensed as she nodded stiffly, a sigh leaving her lips. She glanced at (Y/n), sending her an encouraging smile.

"Looks like you'll have to do more than your best to satisfy her... But I am sure you can pull it off." She winked at her (h/c) haired friend, trying to restore her surely crumbling confidence.

In this moment, (Y/n) was more than grateful for her few years of gymnastic and circus her mother had put her through. For the sake of modelling once again. It was time to finally put her skills to use and show what she had in store. She didn't even know when this audition became so important to her when in the first place it was to support her brother on the playing field. However, now that he told her off, she guess it was just a matter of pride and ambition. Once she set her mind on something nothing could stop her from reaching her goal. And right now her objective was to integrate the cheerleading team.

"Thanks Mia, you won't have to wait long for me to join you in the team." She returned a determined smile in her friend's way as Sally chuckled.

"Well Chloe might end up liking you after all ! She has a thing for ambitious people." The dark haired maiden explained, smiling cheerfully. "But even so, she isn't the kind to forgive lateness, you should hurry." She grasped a transparent water bottle before running out of the changing room.

Mia finished tying her laces before straightening up and swiftly taking (Y/n)'s hand, lips curved in a reassuring smile.

"She's right, we better hurry before Medusa gets angry." The green haired girl smirked before tugging on her friend's hand, leading the both of them to the gymnasium.