9- Girls

Julia comfortably laid on the sofa, book in hand as she quietly relaxed her nerves after a long day of work. Today normally was her day off, but an emergency had require her presence at the hospital, a car accident, and she hadn't been able to refuse, after all her presence could help to save people's lives. 

However the silence was broken by the sound of her children coming home. She could already hear her son's voice among the jiggling of the keys. She heard the front door open and footsteps coming her way. Julia put down her book and greeted the siblings with an affectionate smile. 

"Welcome back ! So, what did you think of Jean ?" She couldn't wait for her daughter's feedbacks on the designer.  

(Y/n) sat down beside her mother, Yuu disappearing in the kitchen to fetch a glass of water. 

"I think you already know that I enjoyed this meeting a lot. But why chose Jean when you could have chosen so many others with more traditional... Opinions." 

The older woman's lips curved in a gentle smile as she took her daughters hands in her own. 

"Actually Yuu and I looked up together at Jean's proposition and we both thought his work and beliefs would match with yours." Julia explained softly, eyes locked with her daughter's.

"Well, you were both right. But I-I need to tell you something mom..." (Y/n)'s voice faltered as she came closer and closer to the big revelation. 

"You wish to quit modelling ? Yuu told me." The older woman's gaze fell to the ground, shame swallowing her. "I am so so sorry sweetheart... I shouldn't have been so blind to how you were feeling... I was just so happy you could achieve what I couldn't finish..." 

Indeed, before becoming a nurse, Julia was a model, and that is how she met (Y/n)'s father. He was appointed as her photograph once, they had fun and talked and bounded and fell in love. She would have become very successful if not for her will to become a nurse. 

"And you were always so cheerful when your father would photograph you that I just thought-"

"I know mom, and I really liked it at some point... But everything changed after..." Somehow the words wouldn't form, stuck in her throat and heavily weighing down on her chest.  She shook her head slightly, trying to get rid of her emotional state before her mind began to rush. 

"I just... Don't take pleasure in this anymore..."

Julia looked at her daughter tenderly, a sympathetic smile adorning her lips, " And I understand, modelling can be lived as a horrible experience... But before you take any measures I would just like you to have one last experience with Jean. I just don't want you to end on a negative note." 

The (h/c) haired maiden looked u at her mother, trying to think about her proposition for a minute. She did enjoy her meeting with Jean, and everyone in the studio had been adorable and very friendly towards her... 

"Okay, I'll try." She smiled reassuringly to her mother to which the older woman answered by hugging her daughter close to her chest. 

"I love you honey. And you know that the only thing which matters to your dad and me is the happiness of our children. "

The black haired male observed his sister and his mother lovingly, a warm feeling in his chest. Now that he saw the relaxed and free expression on his sibling's features all tension leaved his body. He had been debating on rather to tell their mother about (Y/n)'s struggles or not, he just wanted to help her and make her happy. Maybe he should have revealed everything to Julia sooner ?