14- As it was

(Y/n) analysed the information Mrs. Smith had scribbled on the black board, then proceeding to jot down a few notes in her Physics notebook. And honestly, if anyone were to ask her what this lesson regarded, she'd probably answer 'hieroglyphs', a jumble of numbers and weird symbols she couldn't understand. 

A sigh escaped her parted lips. 

What's the point in learning something she knew to be useless for her future plans. Will she ever need to know the speed of Light  to bake a cake ? Hardly.  Will the number of atoms in an egg ever be of concern to her ? Barely. Knowing these made it hard for her to stay motivated during Mrs. Smith's hours. 

However, as if to rescue her from her boredom and disinterest something collided with her hand as she finished writing. The female's gaze trailed down to notice a crumpled ball of paper, surely a message from Mia. (Y/n) gazed at her friend, as predicted the green haired female gestured to the message with  her chin, quietly urging the (h/c) haired girl to unfold the piece of paper.

(Y/n) nodded quietly, putting down her pen before slowly opening the short message in a way as not to make noise. Her eyes scanned the words, a bitter smile curving her lips. 

'Is everything alright with your bro ? He seemed to got it pretty bad :/'

She looked back at the worried female at her side, nodding reassuringly despite her underlying concern for her sibling. However she knew her brother, he had known worse than this,  a few scratches and bruises never bothered him. 

Mia's lips mouthed a soundless 'Good', relief clear in her features and a reassured smile adorning her lips. She then tore another piece of paper from her notebook and proceeded to write down another message, then passing it to her friend. 

'This comes completely out of the blue, but I was wondering if you'd be free tomorrow afternoon ? Because I have to bake some cookies for my brother's school reunion and I could use some help :/ Apparently you're a baker ;)'

A large grin curved (Y/n)'s lips as she lost no time in jotting down her response before handing it back to her green haired girl friend.

'Baking ? I'm in ;)'

Mia found herself chuckling at her comrade's enthusiasm before murmuring a quiet 'Thanks', a grateful smile adorning her features. She couldn't remember the last time she invited someone at her house, or the last time she felt so comfortable with someone. Even thought (Y/n) and her only met a few days ago she already felt warm at the thought of her new friend. And she couldn't wait to discover what baker (Y/n) looked like. 

The (h/c) haired girl let out a tired sigh as she readjusted the strap of her bag on her shoulder. The school day just came to an end and her body felt heavy like a stone. The brown haired male at her side smiled compassionately, eyes focused on the female's slouched form as they made their way out of the school's building. 

"That's a mood." The male jokingly stated, hoping to cheer up the female and maybe earn a smile from her. His wish was fulfilled as the girl's lips let out a small chuckle, the male's surroundings seeming to light up at the clear sound. 

"Yeah... I can't wait to go home and enjoy my hot cocoa cup." A soft smile curved her lips at the prospect of seating down to enjoy her favourite beverage, she could already taste the comforting and bitter flavour. 

Takao halted in his track, the female imitating him as she stared at him, head tilted to the side and brows creased.

"Is something wrong ?" She queried, cutting the distance between them in a few steps. The brunet kept quiet, a thousands of memories flashing through his mind.