Prologue

The sun was slowly setting in the horizon, far far away from the park where the rustling of leaves and dancing trees stood as the only sign of life.  That is not mentioning a six year old girl.

 The (h/c) short haired female stood alone, seated  on the playground, small droplets of water falling from her (e/c) eyes and pearling down  her cheeks in ugly sobs. The wind carried her cries into the distance, blowing her hair away from her face as if to shush her. She stuck a loose strand behind her ear. 

It was the last week she spent here, in her hometown, in her house, at home. After that she'll be far away, in Europe, surrounded by the unknown. It scared her, filled her with dread. All that she ever knew would be taken away from her because of some new job her father got in England.  How will she do without her friends ? Who will laugh with her ? Of course, there was her older brother, but this was different and as much as little (Y/n) loved him she could not fathom spending her afternoons with him.

As the wind blew harder, a shiver ran down her spine. The cold traversed her clothes, attacking her skin like iced daggers. She tightened her hold around her knees in an attempt to trap some warmth. 

However as if on cue, a familiar sweater fell on her shoulders, draping her in a familiar scent and shielding her from the wind. A contented sigh fell from her lips as she closed her eyes, savouring the new found warmth. Her eyes then travelled to her right, meeting warm and caring emerald  ones. 

The boy's lips curved into a gentle smile as he sat alongside her,  passing an arm around her shaking form to try and warm her up. He let out a relieved sigh, he finally found her.  

"You'll catch a cold if you stay outside like this." He said in a soft voice, inspecting his friend's state. "Why are you crying ? Is it this stupid guy again ?" Now he sounded harsh, distaste for the older guy clear in his narrowed eyes. 

"N-no it's not him... A-and he isn't a-an idiot !" Sad little (Y/n) tried to defend her, at the time, crush. 

Takao frowned, his eyebrows knitting harshly as he immediately replied in a loud voice, "Of course he is ! He hurt you and rejected you ! For what ?  An ugly and mean girl !" His hold on her unintentionally tightened as his frustration took over him. (Y/n) stared at her friend with wide eyes. The boy rarely got so heated. Normally he would just listen to her, never shifting from his calm aura which had always brought her comfort.

"He really is stupid for choosing her ! You're the kindest and the most beautiful girl I've ever seen !" He continued, his appreciation for his friends tumbling from his lips like a torrent of thoughts, barely acknowledging her surprise. However upon noticing (Y/n)'s dazed look, a blush suddenly took over his olive cheeks, the meaning of what he just said finally exposed. 

 "F-Forget what I just said..." The boy hid his flushed face behind his hands, trying hard to ignore the girl's eyes on him. A long silence ensued before (Y/n), after clearing up her tear stained face finally explained what had been bothering her. 

 "Taka... M-my mother told me we w-were moving t-to Europe... b-but I don't want t-to leave ! I want to stay with you and the others...". 

 The male tensed up, body stiffening. This couldn't be true right ? They knew each other since kindergarten and now she was leaving him ? It was impossible, probably a cruel joke, after all (Y/n) loved to joke around. However the more he scrutinized the (h/c) haired female the harder it seemed to ignore the truth. And before he could register what he did, the boy hugged her tight, in an unconscious attempt to keep her by his side, to prevent her from vanishing and leaving him behind. 

"I won't let you go (Y/n) ! We're supposed to marry ! Remember ?"He reminded her hopefully, green eyes shining with determination. This was a childish promise of course, but a very serious one for these young children.