4- Lovely

The maiden finally plopped down on her bed letting out a small contented sigh. Her first day had been quite eventful. She rebounded with her old childhood friend, made a new one and discovered that her literature teacher was in fact her first crush... If this had not been her life she would have been tempted to compare this to one of those telenovelas her grandmother watched. 

Seriously, what were the chances for him to be her teacher ? Well the maiden did not know but they were surely thin.  

At the thought of the man a wave of shame overcame her like a heatwave. She wouldn't be able to face him now... She had been so stupid as to confess to him as a child and now he must be laughing behind her back at those memories. 

Burried in her thoughts, the girl failed to hear the front door opening and her mother coming back from work.

The woman entered the house, looking around for any sign of her children as she put down her grocery bags. Normally her daughter and son would come to great her and ask her how her day went. 

"Hello !" Julia called out to her children, waiting a few seconds before hurried footsteps descended the stairs. 

The (h/c) haired girl walked to her mother and engulfed her in a hug, her mother passing a comforting hand on her back and kissing her cheek. The two females then made their way to the kitchen, posing the groceries on the counter. 

"Where is Yuu ?" The woman asked, looking around for her son, head tilted to the side.

"He is in the shower right now." (Y/n) answered as she unpacked the bottles of milk and placed one in the fridge.

The older woman put the vegetables in the lower part of the fridge, alongside her daughter before asking in a gentle and curious voice, "How was your first day sweetie ?"

The girl paused for a while, wondering if she should tell her mother the complete version or simplify it. Finally, she decided for the latter. She turned her head towards her parent, a warm smile crossing her lips.

"It was pretty cool. And you wouldn't guess who I met !" She said happily, smile widening as she eagerly thought about her childhood friend. Honestly she still couldn't believe how lucky she had been to end up in the same school as him.

The older female laughed as she gazed at her daughter. "No, but you'll tell me ?"

"Takao ! What were the chances of us being in the same school ?" (Y/n) exclaimed, letting her eagerness speak for her.

Her mother's expression brightened at the sound of the young brown haired boy. Memories of him and her daughter crossed her mind as a tender smile curved her pink lips. Ever since kindergarten the two children had been inseparable and always stuck to each other's side. The woman would often come home after work to see (Y/n) and Takao playing together or sleeping peacefully on the couch or in the garden. She also used to make them hot cocoas as they watched the TV or during winter. This boy truly was adorable and he surely became a stunning young man. 

"I'm so happy for you sweetie ! And how is your class ?" The woman tilted her head to the side, waiting for her daughter's response. 

(Y/n) hesitated a moment before replying as best she could.  If she was honest, she would admit that she got so preoccupied by her literature teacher that she barely got time to speak with her classmates.

"They welcomed me with open arms... And how has been your day ?"  She explained vaguely, switching the topic to avoid more questions about her day.

"Well the team is very kind but the hospital is pretty huge... I hope to get quickly accustomed to this new place..." Julia scratched the back of her head, a nervous feeling she knew all too well coming back. Changes had never been her thing, she had surely transmitted this trait of character to her daughter.