25- Overthinking

After her brother had departed, (Y/n) had profusely apologised to Mia for putting her in such a situation. After all if the (h/c) haired female hadn't made their relationship a secret this wouldn't have happened. 

She couldn't even imagine how the green haired girl had felt in this moment, so out of place, so- And (Y/n) only knew how scary Yuu could be. He had already sent a few of her admirers running for the hills in the past... She just hoped Mia wouldn't do the same. 

"(Y/n), look at me." The green haired girl's soft palms on her cheeks brought (Y/n) back to reality as her brown eyes bored into hers, steady and calm. Reassuring. "It's fine. I'm okay. How are you though ?"

The (h/c) haired female averted her gaze to the ground, a shaky sigh falling from her lips. She would be lying if she said she was totally fine with what had just unfolded. "Well... This is not how I had imagined things." She voiced quietly, frowning. "But what's done is done. Positive thing is this is a weight off my chest..." 

She had to see the bright side of this. Now that her brother knew she wouldn't have to make any complicated stratagem to tell her family. Now, she just had to worry about their reaction. Well from what she had seen Yuu hadn't taken the news so badly. But maybe he had just been too shocked to properly react  back then. 

Mia offered her a comforting smile, placing a gentle kiss on her forehead. "It'll be fine. I'm sure of it. Your brother seemed fine with it, although a bit surprised." Apparently they had thought of the same thing. (Y/n) couldn't help but chuckle at the coincidence. 

"Maybe you should go see your friend now." The green haired female suggested softly. She didn't want to come between this boy and (Y/n)'s friendship. The two of them had been friends for the longest time and Mia would hate herself if she were to be the cause of a conflict between the two. 

A heavy sigh left the other female's lips as she nodded. Mia was right, she had to go and see him, make things right. In spite of all the self reassurances she had uttered to herself previously, breaking their daily ritual of having lunch together without informing him hadn't been a smart or kind move. She knew it. 

She got up to her feet, brushing off her clothes before sending a tiny smile to her girlfriend. "You're right." 

If luck was on her side, Takao would still be at their usual lunch break spot and thus she wouldn't have to search him all throughout the school grounds. Of course if she had to she'd do it, but she hoped to clear things up with him as soon as possible. 

She took a moment to catch her breath after ascending the stairs to the rooftop, eyes scanning the area for any sign of her friend. Fortunately enough, a familiar brown haired figure sat a few feet away from her, a visible scowl etched on his tense features. He didn't spare a look her way. Her heart clenched in her chest, the consequences of her actions hitting  her like a truck.

"Hey..." She greeted, reluctantly walking over to him and sitting beside him on the ground. She scratched the back of her head and sent him an uneasy smile. Guilt washed over her at the sight of dried tears on his cheeks. 

"I-I'm really sorry... I should have-"

"Told me that you wouldn't be here ?" He spat, finally turning to look at her. "Yes you should have." He exhaled a shaky breath, running a hand through his matted brown strands of hair. His emerald eyes locked with her (e/c) ones, full of (Y/n) could only identify as anger. 

"Do you know how worried I was when I came here and you weren't there ? Do you know how lonely I felt when after 30 minutes you still weren't here ?" He continued, eyes moist with new tears, heart squeezing in his chest.