37- Number One

"Are you sure you're okay ?" The green haired female queried, eyes peering at her girlfriend as they both walked together to class on Monday morning. 

"Yes, don't worry. I'm fresh as a lemon." (Y/n) answered with a reassuring smile, squeezing Mia's hand in hers reassuringly. "To be honest my hangover wasn't even that bad. I had a hard time right after drinking though." A light chuckle fell from her lips as they continued to make their way through the silent corridors. 

The green haired girl looked down at her feet, a sad frown on her features. It was all her fault, wasn't it ? She shouldn't have let (Y/n) choose Gaby's drink? And she shouldn't have let her alone with her two friends either. She had been irresponsible. 

"I'm sorry." She apologised, voice quiet as she didn't dare to look up in her lover's eyes. But (Y/n) would have none of that. 

She halted suddenly, hand still holding Mia's. Said female turned around, eyes wide. 

"(Y/n) ?" She questioned, head tilted to the side. Worry lacing through her heart at her lover's stern gaze. 

"Stop it." 

"Stop what ?" Mia repeated, a confused frown etched between her brows. 

"Blaming yourself !" The (h/c) exclaimed, a scold on her lips as she regarded her girlfriend. "This is not your fault, okay ? I'm a big girl, Mia and this was my decision. I should have known this wouldn't be a good idea. In fact I knew it, but still went with it." She explained, lips curving in a side smile and eyes softening as she cradled the green haired female's hand in her own. "I was reckless. But it's not your fault." 

Mia opened her mouth to say something but a chuckle from the other female interrupted her. 

"I've learned my lesson though. And you won't be catching me abusing alcohol next time." She remarked with a joyful grin, another laugh flowing from her lips. 

A soft smile fell on the green haired girl's features, brown eyes admiring her girlfriend. She was so bright. 

"So... Does this mean there will be a next time ?" She queried, arching an inquisitive brow. She wished there would be. She still wanted the occasion to spend a full party with (Y/n). Though she wouldn't push her to attend and would totally understand if it wasn't her thing-

"I guess, yes. Only if you're here though." The (h/c) haired female answered, shooting a flirtatious wink her way. 

She couldn't repress a gentle smile, eyes melting with love as she gazed at her lover. "Of course." 

"Good then." 

They resumed their walk to the gymnasium. Ready to see the results of the cheerleading auditions. 

"But, I'm curious though... How did you get home ?" The green haired girl asked with a light frown. 

"Oh, Nathaniel and Takao did, apparently. Guess I was such a klutz two men were necessary to control me." (Y/n) joked, a chuckle falling from her lips. 

"Okay, great." Mia answered, nodding softly. 

She was glad to know her girlfriend had been in safe and good company. She'll certainly have to thank Nathaniel for taking care of her when she wasn't around to do so. Though this explained why he wasn't in sight at the party. 

"So ? What are the results ?" The brown haired male queried, looking over at his best friend as she sat down beside him for lunch. She had told Mia she'd be eating with Takao today, the male having felt left out for the past few weeks. And she could understand why, she had been spending a lot of time with her girlfriend.