36- Sweet Tooth

After breakfast Yuu had insisted on (Y/n) getting more sleep and had carried her straight to her bedroom (after some protests from her he hadn't had any other option). And to make sure that she'll actually get some rest he had plopped in the chair next to her bed to watch over her slumber and make sure she wouldn't get up. 

Though in spite of all his best efforts to stay awake he had ended being the one to close his eyes.

He hadn't slept much in the last couple of days and last night he hadn't even gotten to sleep. Now his body couldn't take it anymore, limbs too tired, eyelids too heavy and brain too fogged up. It was a wonder how he had managed to stay fully awake and alerted right until now. Guess love truly gave one superpowers because if it hadn't been for his desire to protect and care for his sibling he'd have long gone to bed. 

A soft smile curved (Y/n)'s lips as she gazed at her sleeping brother, his lips parted in a soft snore and a few strands of black hair falling over his closed eyes, features relaxed with the lightness of dreams. 

He looked like a kid again, there seated in her chair, strays of sunlight shining down upon one side of his face. She could almost dismiss the shadows under his eyes, a tell tale sign of his unrest and whatever had been haunting him lately. 

She could only hope things would get better for him, could only hope his thoughts wouldn't follow him in the silence of his dreams. 

She slowly stood up from her bed, careful not to wake her sibling. She slowly tip toed out of the room and gently closed the door before heading downstairs. 

She wanted to do something. Otherwise boredom might just kill her on the spot. Yuu had been babying her since the very second she woke up and while she appreciated the gesture she needed some fresh air. 

The girl put on her (f/c) apron, sorting out the necessary ingredients and utensils to bake muffins. 

Ken's mother had given them flowers, it was only fair she repaid them with something too. And while she killed flowers in a matter of days and couldn't keep a garden for the life of her, she at least knew how to bake. Blueberry muffins sounded good, maybe she could add some dark chocolate chips too. 

Yes, this sounded good. 

So here she was, a plate filled with freshly baked muffins, delicious wafts of sweet air flowing around. 

The girl gently knocked on the door, shifting her weight from side to side. Maybe she should have put on a sweater before heading out. 

The door clicked open, a familiar pair of hazel eyes widening at the sight of her. A soft blush spread over Ken's cheeks and a shy smile curved his lips. 

"Oh hi-hi, (Y/n)... What brings you-you here ?" He questioned, fidgeting with his fingers. 

He hadn't been expecting her, but this came as a wonderful surprise, his heart stuttering in his chest as he tried to grasp the reason for her presence. 

Was she here to see him ?

Oh. 

His eyes fell on the plate in her hands, the scent of freshly baked goods sweetly embracing him. 

Well, maybe she didn't come for him after all. But this would change soon enough. They'd visit each other everyday after that ! 

"These smell amazing !" He complimented, stars dancing in his eyes at the prospect of tasting something she made. He had never eaten anything she'd baked and he couldn't wait. Somehow something about this felt so intimate, so domestic.