31- Love on the Brain

"Nice apartment." The black haired male quietly  praised as he stepped inside his brother's living place, eyes scanning over his surroundings. He felt small in  the wide and spacious room.

"I bought it two years ago. Didn't know you'd come so excuse me if it's a bit messy." The older man chuckled lightly, scratching the back of his head as he discarded his coat on the couch. 

Ken started at what his sibling called 'messy'. His eyes scrutinised the place for any trace of the so-called 'mess'. 

Creamy white walls stood proud and pure, adorned with shelves filled with books and notebooks of all kinds. A comfortable looking couch rested in the middle of the room with two dark armchairs and in front of a dark wooden coffee table. At the back of the living room one could find a kitchen area, the two rooms separated by a clean white kitchen counter, shining under the bright sunlight entering in through high and wide windows adorned by light coloured curtains. Not a thing out of place, the room far from anything Ken would call messy. Clean, neat and elegant. 

Ren had always been a clean and order freak, always arranging things and putting everything in its place. While Ken had always been kind of disorganised, his room being more on the artistic and colourful side. His walls were a pale green, wooden shelves supporting numerous pots of plants and art supplies, covers messily thrown over the bed and desk always crumbling under the weight of various papers.

He kept quiet though, not here to talk about the weather and eager to jump onto the reason for his visit. 

"Take a seat, I'll make some tea." The dark haired man offered, gesturing to the blue couch. Ken complied silently and sat down, shifting in his place. "Lavender ?" 

"Please." 

Ren nodded, walking behind to the kitchen and proceeding to prepare their beverage. Soon he came back with two hot mugs in hands and placed them on the table before sitting beside his brother. 

"So, what leads you here ?" He queried calmly, although he already knew the answer. 

Ken looked down at the tea  filling his cup, a light bush dusting his pale cheeks and glasses fogging up. He took them off and wiped the lenses with his sleeve. "About-About (Y/n)... Were you serious-serious ?" He stuttered, voice higher than he intended it to be. 

The older man's lips curved in a light and barely visible smile. "Yes, I was. Have you made a decision ?" 

A few seconds passed in silence, the shy male fidgeting, not looking up at his brother. He had made his decision yes, but found himself hesitating now. Was it cold feet ? Probably. But even though hesitant, nothing could change his mind now, too in touch with his feelings to give up now.

He sighed, determination flickering in his hazel eyes, the sight taking the older male off guard. He never thought he'd see his brother so confident, but apparently love could work wonders. 

"What is your plan ?" 

"Stop moving or I'll mess it up !" The pink haired female lightly scolded with a laugh, her fingers hooked under (Y/n)'s chin as she tried to apply eyeliner on her girlfriend's eyelids. 

"Your fingers tickle." The (h/c) haired girl explained, another chuckle falling from her lips at the teasing touch, she kept her eyes closed. 

Mia's hands left her face, leaving a cold breeze in their wake. A heavy sigh fell from her lips. "Okay." 

Suddenly (Y/n)'s back fell flat on the bed, eyes flying open as the other female straddled her to keep her in place. Her heart stopped as her girlfriend looked down at her, a mischievous smile on her lips. "Better ?" She asked teasingly. 

A deep red burned the (h/c) haired girl's cheeks as she turned her head to the side. "Yes-Yes, better." 

"Good." The green haired female concluded with a satisfied smile as she leaned over  her, continuing where she left off. 

Today was finally the day of the party and honestly (Y/n)'s heart couldn't be more nervous. She had never attended a party before. Of course she had hosted some sleep overs but nothing big and only on small comity. 

She nibbled on her lip absentmindedly. 

What if something went wrong ? What if she made a fool of herself ? What if Mia's friends didn't-

"Hey, it'll be alright, okay ?" Her girlfriend's voice stirred her out of her thoughts, a reassuring smile on her lips which eased her nerves. "They'll like you." 

How was it Mia could read her so easily ? Was it some kind of superpower she had ? Or was (Y/n) that predictable and easy to read ?

A light frown crossed the girl's features. "How can you be so sure about that ?" 

A soft sigh fell from the green haired female's lips as she leaned over her, chocolate brown eyes holding hers captive. "Because I like you." She pecked her nose. "And you're amazing." She pressed her lips to her forehead. (Y/n)'s heart swelled in her chest at the simple touch, unable to repress a stupid grin from falling on her lips. 

The next minutes were spent in comfortable silence, the ruffling of the sheets as Mia moved to apply make up the only sound audible.

"Okay, I'm done with your makeup." She finally concluded, getting off of her lover with a satisfied smile, observing her handy work proudly. "What do you think ?" 

(Y/n) stood up, crawling out of bed and walking to the mirror in a corner of her bedroom. She never put on makeup, or at least not on her own accord, much preferring her natural features. But tonight she wanted something different, something fun, and Mia had done an amazing job to fit the make up with Jean's dress. A light transparent gloss, some highlighter to enhance her cheekbones and white and pink hues on her eyes, nothing too colourful or too visible but just enough to satisfy her. 

A satisfied smile curved her lips and she turned to the smiling girl, who had opted for a darker look. A black dress which fitted her to a T, black boots, a more pronounced make up and her hair had been pulled in a half ponytail. She was stunning. 

"I love it." (Y/n) said, turning back to her girlfriend. "And you look beautiful too." She complimented, extending a hand towards her which the other female seized, meshing their fingers together and bringing them closer, foreheads touching.  

Mia's bright chocolate eyes locked with hers, warm and melting with love. "You're beautiful too." The female's hand caressed her cheek tenderly.  "Though, you do look like a snack everyday." She added with a playful tone.

(Y/n) could only chuckle at her girlfriend's silly line. "Once again with the pick up line ? I thought we settled this already." She exclaimed with a laugh, interrupted by Mia's soft lips pressing against hers in a light and tender peck, the taste of strawberry lipstick remaining long after the kiss ended.

"That is my love language." The green haired female replied with a mischievous smile. 

The other girl rolled her eyes playfully, a soft sigh falling from her lips. "Of course." 

Then  she leaned in once again, her lips meeting Mia's in another gentle and loving kiss, a red hue creeping up said girl's cheeks. Her heart swelled in her chest, butterflies erupting in her stomach. 

Usually she'd be the one to initiate their kisses, (Y/n) not being used to it yet. So having her making the first step for once came as a pleasing surprise. Her hand moved on its own accord, carried away by the pure love flooding through her veins at the moment, coming behind (Y/n)'s head to gently deepen the kiss. 

They stood there, ignorant of the world around them, for a few seconds, stealing each other's breath. 

"Maybe we should go now." The (h/c) haired girl reluctantly broke the kiss, a soft smile on her lips. Mia's breath still mingled with hers, foreheads pressed against one another in a last reminder of the kiss they shared. 

"Yes, we should."