1- Sign of the Time

The seventeen year old girl finally plopped down in her bed, a loud sigh falling from her lips. Since early this morning she had been unpacking her stuff from the multiple moving boxes and now her body screamed for some rest.

She stretched her exhausted limbs on the comfy mattress, her (e/c) orbs traveling to the creamy white ceiling above her. She chewed on her lip, old memories flooding  her brain.

After what had seemed like an eternity, but in fact proved to be ten years, she found herself in the very same house and same bedroom she had inhabited as a child. And while her child self would have been delighted she did not really know how to feel about this. She once again had to leave her friends, the ones she had made over the years spent away from home, and even though she once had friends here too she was no fool and knew that surely, just like her, they had grown up and possibly forgotten about her. However one thing had warmed her heart, the sight of the neighbourhood just as she had left it years ago. Nothing had changed, from the playground to the coffee shop she and Takao used to visit for some hot cocoa in winter. And although she knew it to be silly, she couldn't help but to think that maybe the city had been waiting for her.  

The door to her room opened slowly, stirring her out of her contemplation. 

She gazed up, trying to see who had dared to disturb her rest only to come face to face with her brother.

 The black haired male's gaze fell on his sister's form, her limbs stretched in a weird way and her eyes glaring daggers in his direction.  He entered the room, smirking and amusement clear in his bright blue eyes. He nonchalantly laid down on the bed, pushing his sibling away to occupy more than half its space. A blissful sigh left his lips as he closed his eyes in content, not giving any attention to the loud thud which accompanied his sibling's fall on the ground.

A grumble escaped her throat as she painfully got up, rubbing her lower back. 

"What the hell ?!" (Y/n) took a hold of a nearby cushion, throwing it at the male, trying to get him to move from her resting place. 

"Tired ?" Yuu questioned, barely repressing a chuckle as he stared at his angry sister. "Maybe you want to lay down ?" Another smirk crossed his features as his azure eyes connected with her blazing ones. If eyes could kill, he'd be five feet under ground by now. 

 The girl nodded her head and crossed her arms, too lazy to even speak. 

Yuu shifted to the side, leaving enough space for her to lay down, which she immediately did. He laughed quietly before slowly getting up from the bed, leaving the girl all the space she wanted to stretch. 

"You should get down soon, dinner is ready. We're eating (f/f) and mom bought some of those pastries you like." He announced as his steps carried him to the door. But before he could place a foot out of the room an energetic reply came his way. 

"I'm coming !" The (h/c) haired girl sat up abruptly, excitement bubbling up in her chest at the prospect of sweets. A huge smile adorning her features, she got up to meet her mom in the kitchen. 

Yuu stepped to the side to let her pass, observing her as she departed. A quiet smile curved his lips. When they were younger, she'd always lick the spoon or bowl clean whenever he baked, eating the dough any chance she got. And even thought they were only children back then her sweet tooth had remained. 

After some more contemplation the male finally took a step to follow his sibling down the stairs. 

(Y/n) closed her eyes, savouring the delicious and tempting smell of food, eliciting a laugh from Julia who had been seated on a chair by the table, waiting for her children to join her in order to serve the food.