35- Side Effects

Rays of sunlight filtered in through the curtains, showering the girl's bedroom in luminous stripes, falling on her body resting under the covers. She turned away from the light, only for a pained groan to fall from her lips at the motion. Her eyes fluttered open, a hand shielding her from the Sun's warm gaze. 

Her head hurt like someone had stepped on it, throbbed like a whole orchestra was blasting in her head. 

She slowly sat down on the bed, her body crying in protest as it begged for her to lay back down. Her eyes roamed over the room. She tilted her head to the side. 

What was she doing in her room ? Wasn't she supposed to sleep at-

Oh, right.

It didn't end well for her last night. And poor Nathaniel had to take her home. 

A heavy sigh broke through her lips and she held her head in her hands, both to hide from the glaring sunlight and to contain her crushing headache. Gosh it was all too much, the light, the noise of birds chirping outside her window, the taste of alcohol and vomit bitter in her mouth and the scent of breakfast downstairs.

She wished she could simply lay back down and sleep it off. But her dry throat and pounding head required her attention. 

She was in desperate need of water and painkillers.

Reluctantly she draws the covers off of her, slowly swinging her legs out of the bed, feet touching the cold wooden floor. A chill ran down her spine. 

However before she could make another move the door opened gently. She turned around, eyes immediately falling on her older sibling. He approached her with a glass of water and held it out to her. 

She didn't miss the dark shadows under his eyes and his dry lips. 

"Drink up." He instructed softly, careful to keep his voice down not to enhance her painful head. 

The girl's eyes fell on the glass in her hands and she looked back at the male. "Do we have any painkillers ?" Her head felt like it'd explode any moment now.

"No, you don't take painkillers for hangovers. It is not recommended." 

Yuu had never gotten drunk, not ever. In fact he had never tried a drop of alcohol before, and it didn't tempt him either. So he had to look it up for some indications on what to do in case of a hard after party. They had stated painkillers were to be avoided. 

The female nodded slowly before downing the glass of water like she hadn't seen a drop in years. She wiped her chin and placed the glass on her night stand, eyes looking up at her brother. 

He didn't budge, gazing at her silently through heavy lidded eyes. 

He hadn't gotten much sleep, his whole night spent watching over her in case she'd wake up in need of something. He couldn't wait to take a nap. But for now he had to make sure she took care of her hangover correctly. 

"Are you alright ?" Her soft voice stirred him out of his thoughts, blue eyes meeting hers. He managed a small reassuring smile, hand ruffling hair affectionately. 

"Yes, don't worry. Let's get down for some food now, okay ?" He cooed. 

And indeed warm wafts of scrambled eggs and toasts floated to her nostrils. But she didn't know if she could stomach anything at the moment. The taste of last night still very much present in her mouth, a sour reminder of the good time she had.

Her nose scrunched up. 

"I'll take a shower first, and get changed." (Y/n) explained, looking down at Jean's dress which still covered her body. She heaved a sigh of relief, happy to see she hadn't thrown up on the fabric.