13- Intertwined

(Y/n) slowed down her steps as she neared the infirmary, where she hoped to find her older sibling.  As she inspected her surroundings she couldn't help but notice the drastic difference between the nurse's office before her and the one back in her European school. This one seemed to welcome the students within its walls. The walls were painted in a soft and calming purple, a small note on the door stating "Health before Wealth". Probably something the nurse put here for to let students know that their health came before their studies.  (Y/n) didn't know whether to be admirative of this initiative or if she should feel amused by this naive and simplistic view of priorities. Because despite her young age, (Y/n) knew that in her domain of work, health certainly didn't come first. 

After pondering on these thoughts the maiden finally seized the door handle and tried to twist it open. However, to her surprise and dismay the door didn't budge and remained closed. A frown made its way on her features as she stubbornly  tried to open the door once again, to no avail. A resigned sigh left her lips and after a few seconds she brought her ear close to the uncooperative gate. The silence greeting her only confirmed the nurse's absence. 

The girl rubbed her temple thoughtfully. Well considering the infirmary's unavailability this meant her chances of finding her brother here were close to none... So knowing him, his next choice of location should be-

"There you are." To the girl's surprise the male she had been searching for interrupted her train of thought. Judging by his dishevelled locks and his erratic breathing the dark haired boy had been running around to find her too. 

The female instinctively stepped forward, wanting to inspect her brother's injuries, her worry growing tenfold. However as her (e/c) landed on his bruised knuckles anger soon took over her concern. Unconsciously, her hands balled into fists. 

"What was this fight about ?" She queried, barely managing to hide the emotions building up inside her. "Do you realise you could get expelled for this !" 

The black haired boy flinched at his sister's harsh tone. He had expected her discontentment, and maybe some scolding too. After all, as the literature teacher had stated before, she always hated violence. However even despite her disapproval, a part of him still believed he did right. After all he did it for her. Surely this was a reasonable reason to fight.  

"He deserved it." 

(Y/n) fists tightened at the male's blunt statement. She didn't know what this fight was about, but to her it held all aspects of a stupid battle for dominance. Gosh, did she hate toxic masculinity. 

"He deserved it ? What has he done exactly ?" Her voice came out louder than she had meant, and her tone colder. However this just showed how far her displease spread. 

A tired sigh escaped Yuu's lips as he passed a hand through his locks, eyes drifting to the side to avoid his sister's fiery gaze. He hated arguing with her as, if (Y/n) had one flaw it certainly was her stubbornness. When she wanted something she didn't back off until she had it, and right now she wanted explanations which he felt too tired to give. Plus he knew how she'd react after hearing the whole story. She wouldn't be more content than she proved to be now. Worse, chances were, she'd even grow angrier at the thought of him fighting for her. She'd probably explain how she didn't need a man  to defend her and how she could perfectly stand up for herself. Which proved to be true, on some occasions, that Yuu couldn't deny. 

"Nothing... Listen I am not in the mood to explain right now... But later." His eyes finally met hers, hoping to make his point clear.  

Surprisingly, the maiden's features relaxed back into her previous worry, her (e/c) eyes the boy loved so much focusing on his knuckles as she approached him. Her delicate fingertips brushed against the bruised skin of his hand, acknowledging the damages for herself. The male flinched at the feather like contact.