16- Holy Lover

"Are you still in for some baking this afternoon ?" Mia queried, munching on her almond and honey granola bar. 

"Of course ! I am always up for anything which includes flour and eggs." (Y/n) replied enthusiastically, sending her girl friend a playful wink. The green haired maiden chuckled, a warm smile curving her lips.

"Okay, okay. But are you ready to cope with my miserable, well- more like inexistent- baking skills ? " She continued mischievously to which the (h/c) haired female replied with a shrug. 

"I am sure you're hyperbolizing. You can't be that  bad-"

"I messed up crepes (Y/n). Crepes." Mia insisted, her warm brown eyes suddenly deadly. Memories of that one time she tried her hand at baking; or cooking for that matter; crossed her mind, her taste buds still remembering the horrible attempt to their life. She stuck her tongue out in disgust, chills running up and down her spine. "Trust me when I say my mom thought I tried to kill her on that day." 

(Y/n)'s nose crinkled at the thought, after all crepes were pretty easy to make, if not impossible to mess up. However she turned to her friend and sent her a confident smile. 

"Well, guess I'll just have to stick to your side and make sure you don't mess the whole thing up." She retorted wit a grin, taking her friend's hand in hers as they walked. A shy smile made its way on Mia's features as she gazed down at their interlaced fingers. 

"Okay." Her eyes softened. 

Suddenly the school bell rang, signalling for the girls to hurry to class. Mia's eyes widened and she quickly munched on the last bites of her breakfast before throwing the wrapper in a bin. She gazed up at (Y/n), a gentle smile curving her lips.

"Well, I shall be off-" Mia froze, her voice dying in her throat as the (h/c) haired girl's fingers gently brushed her lower lip. (Y/n) offered her a kind smile, a soft chuckle escaping her lips. However she soon retracted her hand, taking notice of her girl friend's lightly coloured cheeks. She stepped away, lowering her head slightly and placing a lock of her (h/c) locks behind her ear.

"Sorry...You had... crumbs around your mouth."  She explained quietly. 

The green haired female smiled lightly, her eyes kindly gazing at her girl friend.

"No worries. Thank you actually, you saved me some remarks from my seat mate. She always seems oddly interested in how I present myself..." Mia chuckled, gesturing to her black pleated skirt and fishnet thighs. "Not that I care anyways. Haters are gonna hate but I'm gonna dress as I please." She winked playfully.

(Y/n) grinned playfully, "Well said ! But maybe you should go now, or else you might get in trouble..." She grimaced, emphasising her point. 

Mia's eyes looked around the two of them, the school grounds were now almost deserted apart form a few other students who apparently had no intention of joining their classroom. She let out a loud sigh, readjusting her hold on the strap of her bag. 

"Yeah you're probably right... Well see you later then !" The girl bid her goodbye, a kind smile gracing her features as she made her way to class. 

(Y/n) waved to her friend, a quiet smile remaining on her lips. Her eyes followed the girl's silhouette until it disappeared around a corner, she sighed. 

Somehow, the more time she spends with Mia ; the best she gets to know her ; the more she likes her, finds herself... attracted even ? She could not tell at this point, she could just acknowledge this unfamiliar warmth spreading in her chest at the thought of her green haired friend. Of course she have had crushes before, the first one being Ren ; now her literature teacher ; however this felt different, new and exhilarating. But could it truly be love ? Maybe she just admired Mia, for her freedom and courage to live the way she wanted, when (Y/n) was still trapped by her mother's expectations for her.