22- Should have known better

The late afternoon light filtered in through the light cream coloured curtains, showering the living room in a golden glow. Through the open windows, the sound of passing cars ; apparently few at this time of the day ; flowed through the flat. Yuu could only assume the roads to be more busy in the early evening. On the white walls, a few black and white photographs, probably of shoots the red haired man has been to. 

"Seat, please." Nathaniel offered  in a clear voice, gesturing to the table in the open kitchen. The black haired male considered the proposition a few seconds before reluctantly taking a seat. He hadn't planned on staying for long, but refusing would have been rude and probably set the other male on the defensive. 

"Anything to drink ? I've got-" 

"It's fine. I came to talk." The black haired boy interrupted directly, crossing his arms over his chest and resting back in the chair. He wanted answers. Not water, coffee or whatever this guy had to offer. 

Nathaniel frowned, scratching the back of his hair and leaning on the kitchen counter. "Okay, let's talk then." He waited patiently for his unexpected guest to continue.

"I'll be clear, stop flirting with my sister." Yuu exposed curtly, locking eyes with his interlocutor, "I don't know what your intentions are. Maybe you love her, maybe you consider her like another one night stand. But all I know is that you'll hurt her anyways and I can't let that happen." He frowned sternly, "And if you don't listen, be sure that the first you make her sad I'll bury you six feet underground." He finished, observing the other male's reaction intently, ready to punch him in the face in case things got heated. Although judging by what he knew of the boy, fighting probably wasn't his thing. 

Nathaniel stood there, trying to process what he had just been charged with. He would have laughed if the slight reminder that (Y/n) was taken by his best friend didn't hurt so much. He hadn't been flirting with her, of course he hadn't. He respected Mia way too much for that. And even if Mia had been out of the picture, (Y/n) deserved way more than his usual playboy act. She could never be a one night stand in the boy's mind simply because he couldn't dare think about her sexually. No, he wanted to smile with her, laugh with her, hold her and kiss her brow. Spend early mornings to late evenings with her, nestled in his arms as they watched some silly romance movie. And these were things he'd never envisaged before, in fact the boy never thought he'd fall in love one day. He had been perfectly content with girls like Trisha, or so he had thought. 

'And now I could never go back to this. I'd throw it all away for her without a second thought. If only it would make me deserving of her love.'

"I haven't been flirting with her." He finally exposed in an exhale, fingers drumming on the wooden counter as he threw the other male an emotionless smile. 

Yuu averted his eyes, a frown crossing his features as he recalled his sibling's attitude as of late. No, something was definitely up... But then the boy before him sounded honest, or like the most skilful of liars. So who could it be ? He had thought of everything and this guy had been the most probable possibility. He combed his hair back and away from his eyes. 

'No, you can't give up now.' 

He let out a decisive sigh, pushing his disappointment back in the pit of his stomach before looking up straight at the boy. 

"Who is it ? I know something's up with her, I know her like the back of my hand. And I have a feeling you know." He interrogated sternly, not blinking once as he stared at his interlocutor. 

The red haired male frowned lightly, fingers curling on the hard surface of the counter behind his back. 

He could end it all now. Tell (Y/n)'s brother about her relationship with Mia and judging by the older male's obvious overprotectiveness the two girls would probably not last long... Yes, this sounded like an awfully tempting possibility and his tongue tingled at the thought.