• Zen Wisteria - Surprise

" Alright just a little longer and I'm done '' You rubbed your eyes and continued writing your report. 

Today was a pretty tough but productive day. The assignment you had was to produce a stack of herbal medicine for the upcoming winter. Because that was the time when most people got the flu. So early in the morning together with Shirayuki, you first collected plants from the royal garden. Twenty baskets full total. After that you had to pick the leaves off the plant. Because that was the only part you needed to make the medicine.

When you finally could start with the production, Shirayuki took the lead while you wrote down every step of the proces and other notes. This was the task you did all day occasionally switching from rol now and then.

Afterwards when you where done you offered to write the report of todays work. Shirayuki thought it was a better idea to do it herself since you had been writing all day. And she didn't want you to strain your wrist any further. But you instited, and after convincing her, you started immediately. Since you knew how detailed it had to be and how it would probably take quite some time. 

Currently it was 21.00 and you began to feel tired. But you promised yourself to finish writing the report. As time flew by your eyes started to get heavy. And you begin to drift off but shook your head fighting the sleep.

" You really need to take a break" a voice broke the silence. You smiled not taking your eyes of the paper " Its okay just a couple more words and I'm done"

Zen walked from the entrance to you and peeked over shoulder " How long have you been writing?"

" Since 16.00"

His eyes widen " Wow Mitsuhide would be proud! And probably tell me to take an exemple on you" he mumble the last part

" haha yeah" you yawned and streched

Zen looked at you with concern. He knew how stubborn you where and wouldn't listen to reason. You where always like that, duty first and when that was done then you allowed yourself to take a break. But right know you looked more tired than normal. On top of that he recalled how you had been doing this for the past four days.

He started to get worried about your health. Zen rubbed his neck and looked out the window trying to figure a solution so you would stop. It was dark outside and the only bright light was the one emitting from the moon and the stars. A sudden idea popped in his head and he grinned at you.

You where so concentrated on your report that you squeaked when two arms suddenly pulled you up from the chair. Out of reflex you wrapped your arms around the prince his neck " Zen what are you doing?" You shrieked feeling your heart in your throat from the shock

" I wanna show you something outside"

You chuckled " And you have to carry me for that? "

" No but if I asked you to follow me you wouldn't" Zen remarked making you laugh

He excited the room and walked with you in his arms threw the halls of the castle. You rested your head again his chest and relaxed. Occasionally looking outside the windows you past.

Arriving at the entrance of a tower Zen started to walk up the stairs but you squirmed " No! There's no way you're gonna carry me all the way up there" The prince put you down on your feet and you both marched up the stairs.

It was a long way up and you started to wonder what on earth he wanted to show you " Zen I hope that whatever the thing is I have to see, better be worth all those miserable steps" you panted " Because you know that my condition isn't the best"

The white haired boy chuckled seeing you all sweaty and exhausted" If I have to be honest I'm quite curious myself of what you'll think of it"

" You got to be kidding me..."

" Haha come on where almost there" Zen extended his hand which you gladly took

Not even a minute later you saw the exit of the tower. Excitement filled your body and you jogged the last steps up letting go off Zen's hand. He gasped in surprise and quickly picked up the pace. Your hair bounced on your shoulders as you run and when you had finally reached the last step and stood in the towers opening your eyes glimmered at the scenery

Besides being an herbalist you also had a fascination for star gazing. Sometimes when you had time or weren't too tired you would often sit in your room in the windowsill and look at the sky for hours.

And tonight you didn't know what it was but the sky was more breath taking than normal. It was the full moon and instead of the its usual white colour it had a yellow gold glow. And the stars seemed to be bigger, like diamonds with the purest white colour you had ever seen.

You couldn't take your eyes of the view, only when you felt a hand intertwine its fingers with yours did you look at your side. Zen was smiling at you, but this wasn't his usual one. This one was soft. You felt your heart beat increase and you spun your head so he wouldn't see your cheeks turning red.

The boy chuckled and he gently grabbed your chin making you face him again. His dark ocean eyes stared at you E/C ones before he leaned in and kissed you. Your eyes flutter close enjoying the moment

Zen let go of your hand and wrapped it around your waist bringing you closer to him and you placed yours on his shoulder. The kiss was gentle but the longer it lasted the more you begin to feel weak in your knees

He slowly pulled away and his face instantly flushed red when he saw your facial expression. Red cheeks and your eyes where half lidded " Uh-hum...so, was this worth walking up those stairs?"

You chuckled " Absolutely " 

Relieved he kissed your forehead and embraced you " Glad to hear " he whispered resting his head on top of yours

" Thank you Zen "

" Anytime Y/n, I love you" You snuggled into his chest " Love you too"

-

In my defense I suck when it comes to describing romantic sceneries. That's a thing I need to work on...

But the star scene that I tried to describe is actually based off a real life experience of mine. It was really beautiful but unfortunately I have never seen it again..