• Chifuyu Matsuno - Sorry for not protecting you - part 2

" No! " you protested " I refuse you taking the hit for me! "

Everyone fell silent at your outburst, looks of astonishment emerging on their faces

" I want to go against him " you firmly demanded, pointing a finger at Baji " And just as you promised Chifuyu, you won't lay a scratch on him"

Hanman hues widen with both admiration and excitement. He never saw this one coming " I like you " he commented making you cringe

" So be it, I'll grant your wish " he laughed out loud and ordered his men to take a hold of the blond so he wouldn't interfere

" No! " Chifuyu cried out " L/n you idiot you don't know what you're doing!"  he didn't want to see her get all bloody and bruised. Or in the worst case scenario die in front of his eyes. 

Just like her, he knew his friends monster strength and he was sure that even against a female  he wouldn't go easy on her. He had to prove something and Chifuyu guessed that he would resume to any resort to accomplish his goal.

Because Baji had a strong sense of determination

However unbeknownst to him, the black haired wasn't pleased at all with the situation you had created. But by the looks of his new commander, there wasn't room for further discussion. His big grin told him enough that his opponent had been chosen.

Lowering his head, Baji pushed his feelings aside and pulled his ponytail tighter, before walking to the center of the circle. 

He was taller than you, so when he looked down with his sharp, piercing gaze you gulped loudly. It was only then that it dawned on you how ridiculous this was. Of course there was no way in hell that you would win this fight. He was way more muscular and stronger.

When you had volunteered yourself, it was pure out of reflex. The only thing on your mind was Chifuyu's safety. You just didn't want to see him getting beaten to death. And certainly not when he would also take your share as well.

The loud cheers and roars from the gang members brought you out of your daydream and you quickly took a fighting stance, Baji following along.

For a good minute you two just moved around, neither of you taking the initiative to land the first hit. 

Eyeing his figure you tried to desperately come up with a plan to possibly get the upper hand. 

But the ex first division captain of Toman didn't give you that time. With the speed of light he had managed to punch you right across the jaw, sending you flying.

Landing with a loud thumb you hurriedly lifted yourself of the ground, just in the nick time to dodge the man's second attack.

Hanma had to admit that your reflexes were remarkable, no man under his command was able to perform that. His toothy grin only grew wider as he saw a vein pop onto Baji's head. The long black haired man was starting to get annoyed with all your dodges.

Taking a deep breath Baji's movements suddenly got more violent with the second, increasing in speed and power. It became more and more difficult for you to avoid them.

While most of your attention was focussed on his fists, the man took this as a change to attack you with his legs. At an incredible speed, he managed to swing his leg under your feet causing you to fall on your back. 

Tiredness was already starting to consume you, making your movements grow weaker. And because of this you failed to hurriedly get back on your feet, giving Baji the opportunity to land his foot hard into your stomach.

A loud gasp escaped your lips along with blood splurging out.

This time the dark eyed knew he had you, this long dragged out fight was coming to an end