• Chifuyu Matsuno- I'm horrible - part 1

" Take care of Y/n for me" were his last words.

Closing his eyes with a toothy grin, Baji's chest fell up and down once more before coming to a stop

Tears poured out of the vice captain eyes as he clutched his friends lifeless body against him.

Unable to hold back his sadness, Chifuyu let out a scream of agony. His shoulders shook violently and he hide his face in the crook of the black haired his neck, muffling his sobs.

Every Toman member present didn't know what to do. They could only watch as their comrade mourn the loss of his dear friend.

Everyone knew how important Baji was too Chifuyu. After all he was the main reason why he joined Toman in the first place. And ever since the start of their friendship, those two were practically inseparable.

They would eat, laugh, talk and hang out together almost everyday.

However it wasn't always just the two of them.

There was another person, who no one knew their existence of, that tagged along many times with the boys. 

This was another important friend of Chifuyu and at the same time..

Baji's girlfriend, Y/n L/n

The blond had her known her since childhood and it was him who introduced her to the captain of the first division.

Both Chifuyu and Y/n used to live in the same apartment building and played at the playground just across the street. That's were they first encountered each other.

And as strangely as it sounds, when the boy meet her, he immediately felt a good connection with the girl. She was nice, funny and comfortable to be around with. 

He got intrigued and wanted to get to know her better.

Y/n was Chifuyu's number one and only friend for a very long time, until he meet Baji. Another friendship was quickly settled, resulting in him having two best friends.

Whenever he was hanging out with the black haired he would occasionally talk about the girl. Tell him how great she was. Though Baji didn't really care much, Chifuyu thought that it would be a good idea for them to meet each other. That way, if it clicked, they would form a close friend group.

And thankfully to his luck, the first meeting went great. This was a huge relief for the blond. Because had it gone the other way around, he seriously wouldn't have known what to do. The thought of two important people in his life, fighting and hating each other didn't please him. 

So naturally he was really glad that from that day forward, a bond was settled between the three of you.

However as time flew by, something happened between his friends that Chifuyu hadn't seen coming. And that thing was, that Y/n and Baji started to like each. Their feelings would grow until it reached a point that they decided to start dating.

In the beginning the blond was of course happy and supportive. Yet over time he couldn't help but start to feel slightly annoyed. Whenever he would see the two of you hold hands, share food or just walking side by side, did he feel something between pain and frustration.

Chifuyu didn't like these negative emotions. And although he had a pretty good idea of what this all meant, he refused to give into it. He couldn't let his own desires get the best of him and ruin what Baji had with you. 

Because that's not the kind of person he wanted to be.

Yet now that he was on his way to your house, to inform you about your boyfriend passing away, did these feelings suddenly start clouding his mind.

Part of him was devastated to have tell you this. However another voice was telling him that now was his change to finally make his move. With Baji out of the picture, maybe he had a shot to be with you. 

Realizing what he was thinking, Chifuyu eyes widen and he vigorously shook his head in disgust. He couldn't belief he was actually considering this. The thought alone made his stomach twist.

Taking deep breaths he tried to focus his attention on something else. Like how to start the conversation about Baji's death. However as much as he tried to focus on this subject alone, did it not really help to forget the other thing

Not even when he arrived at your house and stood in front of your door, ready to knock. 

" Snap out of it" he scolded himself out loud " You can't do this to Baji..."

Mumbling to himself, the boy didn't notice how the door suddenly flung open and a person stepped out, resulting in them bumping into his chest

Stumbling backwards, he quickly grasped the doorframe with one hand and used the other to catch the person. Preventing them both from falling.

" Chifuyu!" 

Hearing the familiar voice, the boy looked down into his friends, surprised E/c eyes " What a coincidence, I was just about to head to your place " 

" Why?" he questioned while trying to ignore the fluttering feeling creeping up because of the position you two were in

Pushing yourself off of him, you straighten your posture and tugged some loose strands of hair behind your ear " Well I wanted to know if you heard anything from Baji? He hasn't messaged me or returned any of my calls"

A deep frown settled on his face when he was remembered about today's events. His heart was once again aching and it took all his strength to not let the tears slip out of his eyes.

Noticing your friends pained look, a feeling of fear washed over you as you imagined something bad had happened to him " Chifuyu.." you carefully spoke " Is Baji-"

" Can we talk inside " he interrupted you

With a nod you leaded him to your room where you both sat down on your bed in silence. Neither of you uttered a word and the longer it stayed quiet, the more you grew uncomfortable at this uneasy tension.

" Y/n.." your friend began speaking after a good minute " Before I tell you where Baji is..There's something you have to know"

-To be continued