Chapter 17

-Hailey POV-
I felt something move, making me jump and open my eyes.

"Sorry" Matthew whispered. He had his arm stretched out grabbing something from a flight attendant.

I sat up and looked out the window. The sun was rising and made the sky look stunning. I took a picture for a good memory.

"Thank you" Matt said to the lady and turned to me.
"Did you sleep good?"

"Yea, why do you ask?" I said awkwardly.
"Just trying to talk to you" he said. I nodded and noticed him staring at me. His eyes weren't blinking while he did.

"What are you doing?" I asked giving him a weird look.
"eye staring contest go!" He said quickly.

I leaned forward and faced him.

-Matts POV-
Her eyes were beautiful. our eyes just kept switching from left to right as we studied them. She blew in my face making me blink and pull back.

"That's not fair!" I said rubbing my eye. She just smiled and lightly laughed. "hey Nash was coming too, wonder where he's at" I said.

"He's all the way over there, I think" Hailey pointed to a guy all the way up front. our seats were in the back.

"Nash! Over here!" I yelled while she told me to stop. "Shush your gonna get in trouble!" She warned.

The guy turned around and it was him. I motioned him to come over to us and he did.

-Nash's POV-
I walked over to where Matt was at and saw Hailey next to his seat. "hey Matt, you ready for the tour?" I asked.
"of course dude" he answered.

I noticed Hailey was a little uncomfortable and didn't make much eye contact. "Hailey, again I'm so sorry" I said as a attendant came up to me. She told me to go back to my seat so I did. When I sat down I got my phone and earbuds to listen to music.

-Matts POV-
'What did he apologize for?' I wanted to know but I knew I couldn't ask. She wouldn't tell me even if I tried. I let it go and didn't think much about it afterwards.

-Hailey's POV-
'Why did he have to bring that up?' I watched as Matt sat quietly thinking to himself. The flight attendant spoke and said "we will be landing shortly".

-skip to when they land-
I went and got my suitcases while I carried my backpack. I only had two suitcases because I did my best to pack lightly, considering my suitcases were a small- medium size.

-Matts POV-
I had one earbud in and played music. We met up with Nash and left the airport and into a taxi then to go to our hotel.

When we got in the hotel rooms we settled in. I got my own hotel room next to Hailey's and across from Nash's.

When Hailey went to the lobby she accidentally left her door open a crack. I found that teddy bear I wanted to give her and set it on her bed.

-Hailey's POV-
I went down to the lobby then outside because I wanted to get something to eat. The hotel charged to much money for their food so I went to Tacobell across the street and around the corner. I got a couple tacos and a two drinks.

When I got back to my room I saw a teddy bear on my bed and was freaked out for a good minute. I called Matt to my room saying I had food and he came as fast as he could.

"I heard you had food" he came in. I nodded then handed him a drink and taco. "Thanks, did you get my gift?" He asked.

"You got me that bear?" I questioned. "Yes ma'am" he said in a weird accent. "You left your door open" he continued.

I laughed at what I did. "So your telling me you just walked into my room" I said.

"That's exactly what I'm saying Hailey" he smiled. "I gotta remind myself to check twice that I closed the door right".

Our drinks were the first things we finished so we had to get others. I went over to the fridge and picked out two glass bottles of coca cola.

When I opened it and handed one to Matt, it made a weird noise when he put it to his mouth. I looked over and laughed. "did you just bite your bottle?!" I asked. "it was an accident!" He said making me laugh harder. He crossed his arms and tried to make a sad face but ended up laughing too.