Chapter 13

-Hailey's POV-
When I grabbed my phone I checked my messages. I felt a few tears roll down my cheeks and wiped them away. It was 'Nash' that texted me.
N- hey cutie
H- hey how'd you get my number?
N- Matthew gave it to me can I call you?
H- sure I guess.
Right that second my phone rang and I answered.
"Hey Nash" I said.
"Hey I was heading out"
"What does that have to do with me?" I questioned.
"We'll do you wanna come with?"
"Sure come pick me up" I told him where I lived at and he said he'd come in about an hour. I went and started to get ready for when he comes.

-Nash's POV-
I heard that Matt and Hailey broke up. I'm pretty sure shes upset, she sounded like she was over the phone. I was getting ready and chose to wear a light blue button up, ripped jeans, and my vans. I then left to go pick up Hailey.
-at her house-
I stopped my car in the front of her house and honked my horn then waited.

-Hailey's POV-
I headed down the stairs and straight for the door. I was stopped by my mom who asked "where are you going?". I turned to face her. "I'm going out with a friend" I said. She nodded then let me leave. when I got out the door I saw Nash reach over and open the door from his side. I stepped in and he complimented me saying "you look gorgeous". I smiled at him while I pulled the seatbelt across myself. he started to drive and I asked "where are we going ?".
"To be honest, I have no clue where I was heading to when I called" he said while looking at the road. I sighed and looked out the window at everything while it passed by instantly. "you know, you remind me a lot of my ex-girlfriend" he said.
"Unfortunately, she uh, she passed away" he continued. I looked over at Nash and saw his expression has changed. I didn't want to ask how because that would make him sad.

I watched as we came by the beach and he parked. "this is where I wanted to go" he said turning to me "is this ok with you?".
"Of course it is, I love the beach" I said and smiled lightly. when I got out his car I fixed my shirt. I was wearing ripped jean shorts and a long black & white plaid shirt. I decided to take the ends of the shirt and pull it over my stomach to tie it into a knot. I also wore sunglasses to hold my hair back, which I ended up pulling down.

We decided to take a walk on the shore line. While we were walking I felt Nash's fingers brush across mine. I didn't let it bother me while I stared at the waves. Nash took my hand and held it in his own, squeezing onto it lightly. I looked up at him curiously and watched him smile. his smile brought one onto my face as well. 'Am I starting to like Nash?' I thought. Nash stopped walking suddenly, causing me to almost fall back.

"Nash!" I said. he laughed and came closer to me. "this was fun don't you think?" He asked. "yea, I've needed this" I said looking down. "So I hear you and Matt broke up" he said. I nodded and held back tears. "it will be ok, you did nothing wrong hailey" he said then gave me a kiss. I stood shocked with mixed feelings. 'how do I react? Do I yell or smile?' I thought. I looked at Nash. "oh my- Hailey I'm so sorry, you reminded me of my ex-girlfriend and-" he said but I cut him off. "Nash it's uh, it's fine, can you just take me home?" I said and crossed my arms over my chest. he scratched the back of his head then nodded.