Chapter 8

-Hailey's POV-
The school week was starting back up again. I was already on my way to school in Matts car. I wore a Aztec tank top with jean shorts and vans while Matt wore a maroon button up shirt with khakis and vans. when we got to school we walked in with our hands interlocked. "oh hey, class is about to start, I'll see you after school" Matt said to me and walked in the other direction. Becky approached me when I entered first class. "hey how was your weekend?" She asked. "oh, it was great actually" I said smiling. "well mine wasn't, I expected you to at least try to hang out with me" she said hurt. "I'm sorry, Matt asked me out again" I said. "I can't believe you!" She yelled in class. she caught a lot of peoples attention from yelling, even the teachers. "Would you like to talk to me in the hall Becky?" The teacher asked standing up. "No" she muttered. She didn't talk for the rest of class to me and I could tell she was upset.

After class I caught up to her. "hey, what was all that about?" I asked. "nothing just leave me alone" she said. "but-" I got cut off by her "look, just go talk to your new boyfriend because Appearently he means more to you. oh, and by the way, find yourself a new friend as well" she said leaving me in the hall as she walked away from me. I felt like I disappointed her. I just froze in place and watched her disappear. somebody caught the corner of my eye so I quickly looked over and saw Matt staring at me from his locker. His mouth opened as if to say something but before anything else happened I bolted for the bathroom. I heard him call my name but it faded away as I wondered why she said that. By the time I ran into the bathroom I was full of embarrassment. 'I can't believe she said that' I thought to myself.

-Matts POV-
I overheard Becky talking to Hailey so I looked over. when she left Hailey in the hall I knew something was wrong. When she saw me she just bolted and I ran after her. I found her in the bathroom. "hey, what did she do to you?" I asked her.
"Matt!" She yelled to me. "What?" I asked her. "your in the girls bathroom" she told me. I grabbed her wrist and pulled her out with me. "Ok, what just happened?" I asked. "turns out I upset Becky" she told me. "it's ok Hailey, I'm sure you didn't mean to" I reassured her and ran to class.
-after school-
I made my way to Hailey's locker. I had to wait awhile for her to get here and when she did I smiled at her.

-Hailey's POV-
Today has been a little stressful. Matt drove me home after school to drop me off. "hey just call me over before your family has dinner" he said. "You can come in now if you want" I said but it kinda came out as a question. He nodded then got out his car and walked in with me. "Do you wanna get food?" I asked him while walking to the kitchen. I turned around and saw him behind me. "why are you following me?" I asked him. "because I wanna see what food you have" he said then laughed. we ended up eating donuts and watching a movie.
-skip to later-
When my parents came home my mom greeted matt. My dad awkwardly greeted him and I could tell he got worried.

-Matts POV-
When her dad came up to me I got worried. Turns out he made it awkward when he greeted me. "So look I know we got off on the wrong foot" he said to me "but I was being protective". I nodded after he spoke. "that's completely understandable" I said to him. Hailey's mother cooked us some spaghetti for dinner. Hailey's parents actually weren't that bad, they were quite nice. "so you two are dating right?" Her dad asked and I nodded. "It's ok with me" her mom said. "Ok so guys, Matt is going on a tour and he wants to take me along, is that ok with you if I go?" Hailey asked. they stayed they whispered to each other. after a minute or two they agreed to let her go. she turned to me with a smile on her face. After dinner we all talked at the table until I was called home.

-Hailey's POV-
I think dinner went pretty well because my dad and Matt actually have things in common. "Tomorrow I'm going to have dinner with his family" I told my mom. "that's nice sweetie" she said while washing dishes. I went up to my room to get ready for bed. I laid in bed and felt myself drift to sleep.