Chapter 9

-Hailey's POV-
I was rushing to get ready because I woke up late for school.

"where is my phone?!" I yelled to myself. It wasn't on my nightstand like usual so the alarm didn't go off to wake me.

I scrambled from place to place making a mess where I went. when I found it, I rushed my makeup and went downstairs. I skipped breakfast and ran to my jacket then pulling it on. As I left out the door I felt a cold breeze hit my face.

Later I got to school and greeted Matt at my locker. "Hey babe, you look nice today" he complimented.
"That's good to hear, considering I rushed".

-Matts POV-
While walking down the hall with Hailey we held hands. she intertwined her fingers between mine as I did the same. She laughed as I started swinging our hands back and forth. We stopped at the end of the hall. "this is where I have to leave" Hailey told me while releasing her hand from mine. "Where's my goodbye kiss?" I joked. "right here" she laughed and leaned close to me connecting our lips. We heard the school bell so we ended our kiss. "I'll wait for you by your locker after school" I told her. "Promise?" she asked as I nodded. she smiled then waved as she walked away.

In class the teacher was at the board scribbling as I stared blankly at him. I set my head down on the table and fell asleep. As soon as I closed my eyes a tap hit my desk. "no sleeping in class mr. Espinosa" a voice said.

I looked up to the teacher who was right by my side. "am I clear?" He asked. "Yea" I said and yawned. "good" he sternly said walking back to the board. he continued to write with a marker as I watched him. I watched as two other people fell asleep in class. 'that's not fair how come he doesn't wake them up?' I thought to myself.

I had a hard time staying up in class because I didn't get any sleep. I pulled my phone out under the desk to text Hailey in class.
-Hailey's POV-
I wrote down the notes off the board while the teacher kept writing them. something vibrated in my pocket so I pulled my phone out. "Matthew" was in my notifications from texts.
M- hey
H- hi how's class?
M- like hell
H- I figured
A hand snatched my phone away and I looked up at them angry. "tha-" I started but stopped when I saw the teacher. "you'll get it after class" she said and walked off. 'dammit' I thought as I glared at her. I continued to write notes down while the teacher kept staring at me.
-matts POV-
I texted back but she didn't answer. 'must've gotten it taken away' I chuckled. when the teacher turned around I placed my phone away. it's good he didn't notice. "who were you texting?" Nash asked me after class. "Hailey duh" I said and smiled. "hey do you know her friend? Becky I think?" He asked. I nodded a yes as we walked. "well I think she likes you too" he said.