024

ੈ♡₊˚•. ˖⋆ ━━━━━⠀WONDERING !
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ⋯ ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ˓ 𑁍ࠜೄ
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 TWENTY-FOUR ・*:·. ⇌ ஜ .·:*

If Kane doesn't kill her, she'll do it for him.

The approaching footsteps have the wet sound of someone on grass; someone who has not learnt to walk quietly and instead relies on the verges to muffle their steps. Each footfall is chaotically spaced from the last, no rhythm at all. Whoever it is doesn't knock, instead he bursts into the room and eyes fall on Millie immediately. As if he had excepted her to sight up straighter at his entrance, his chin is jutted up. Two others follow behind him, though Millie hadn't been able to detect them. The blonde hadn't seen Abby since the night before, leaving without a word.

Kane stops a few feet away, Sinclair, one of the men that came into the room with him– he mumbles something lowly in Kane's ear. Millie can't make out what he's saying, and Kane keeps his expression unreadable. "Your friends in the trees have already made a mess for me to clean up," Kane begins.

Millie isn't sure what he's expecting from her, but silence apparently isn't it. "Perhaps it would be in your best interest to cooperate, considering we treated your wounds as we would one of our own people. Perhaps you have something to tell me?" Kane continues with a raised brow.

Millie clenches her jaw, she can't help it. "Or perhaps I have a dagger, and means to introduce it to your back." The blonde snips, dangerously icy. Marcus sighs, nodding his head once. The man from behind him moves at the subtle instruction, making his way closer to Millie with a black slim stick extending out in front of him.

"Well, seeing you're so chipper today– your injuries must not be as severe as I was told." Kane says, Sinclair bites his lip with a frown. Millie inches back, her cold gaze fixated on Marcus.

"Touch me and I will smash your teeth in." Millie threatens– the guard pauses, shifting on his feet as he glances back at Kane. Kane nods again, though the guard is hesitant now. "It'll be easier if you comply." Kane suggests– it echoes in the back of her head.

Millie licks her lips, greeting the guard with a sinister grin. "I can take out all four of you before the first one's blood begins to seep through his clothing." She hissed, eyeing the electric volts that stemmed at the edge of the stick the man was holding out,

Kane clicks his tongue. "You're pretty feisty for a girl about to get a long look at the inside of a cell wall." The moment the last syllable fell from the leaders lips, Millie halted. At first, Kane thinks it's because of the threat of a cell. That the idea of being locked up might've been enough for her to comply, to go without putting up a fight.

And she does. She allows her wrists to be tied behind her back, to be pushed forward. Out of the room and into the hall, the blonde grounder walks in step with the two men. Kane's lips are pulled into a worried frown, there was nothing in her nature that made this behavior make sense. Grounders– from what he collected so far, were warriors. Their first instinct was to fight, no matter the cause. He studies her intently, eyes trained on her movements.

It comes as no surprise that he can get a good read on her face– from his talk with Bellamy, grounders were expert hiders. But as he watched, he noticed that she was leading them, rather than being forced forward. As the three of them approach the sky boxes, where both Bellamy and Murphy were being held, Kane knows he's made a mistake. Murphy perks up at the sound of someone other than Bellamy.