008

ੈ♡₊˚•. ˖⋆ ━━━━━⠀WONDERING !
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ⋯ ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ˓ 𑁍ࠜೄ
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 EIGHT ・*:·. ⇌ ஜ  .·:*

          No matter how hard she tried, and she tried, she couldn't shake this– for lack of a better word; feeling. Millie didn't know what it was or what it meant, but there was this unsettling feeling that rooted itself in the pit of her stomach. She tried to busy herself for the rest of the day, hunting, swimming, throwing knives. Anything but
un-ordinary. But nothing seemed to work. She wishes she could explain it, but she didn't know how.

          Millie was a skilled fighter. She had Lincoln go thank for that, honestly. Over the years you learn how to master many things to help you survive, especially on your own. So while she strived in physical aspects, she lacked in mentality. She didn't know how to express them when they rose to the surface, let alone describe them. That was the one thing Lincoln and Apollo never taught her, and she knew it was because their people deemed feelings as a weakness. Warriors don't let their emotions show, it would never do you any good.

             So Millie decided to waste time by wondering aimlessly around the forest. Every so often her eyes would dart to the trees and caves, reassuring her paranoia that no one was watching her. Her blade was pressed firmly against her palm, the handle hidden under her sleeve. Regularly the knife would've been tucked in her boot, but she couldn't bring herself to get rid of her weapon. 

            The sky was pitch black and there was a pile of blue berries in her hand, she tossed them up in the air and catch them in her mouth as they fell. She was trailing next to a large cliff, one that would surely give her a few scrapes and bruises if she fell from the top. It was dark now, but the light that eliminated from the moon provided just enough light for her to see. A few years ago she could've been seen stumbling over branches and stumps in the dark, now it was like second nature.

           And then a large 'boom' nearly startled Millie to the ground. She crouched by a tree, eyes wide. The ground shook, and Millie tilted her head up to the sky to see if the sky people had struck again. But it wasn't coming from the sky. Not this time, anyways.

           It was coming from the ground.

          Three– maybe four bright purple streaks of light shot from the ground and made a b-line straight for the sky. The first thing that popped into Millies head; the grounders were going to think this was an attack. Maybe it was– maybe it wasn't, but Millie didn't plan on sticking around to find out.

          Out of pure instinct Millie stood up and grabbed the second knife from her boot, and began taking slow steps backwards. But her foot got caught on something big and solid and Millie was sent flying to the ground, hitting her upper back on a sharp rock. She hissed lowly in pain when a hot sting shot through her right shoulder and upper back. Purple fireworks were going off now when Millie noticed there was a body laying there next to her. She scrambled up, holding her knives out in case this was a trap and they weren't actually unconscious.

         Millie recognized the brown messy hair, and the girl with armor on. Millie tentatively stepped forward, daggers still drawn. She used the tip of the knife to push back a piece of her hair, and sure enough the young face of Octavia laid unconsciously with blood and dirt splatted across her face.

         Millie drew her weapons back, swearing under her breath as she battled internally what she should do. She paced back and forth, hands on her hips. Millie wiped her nose with the back of her hand and looked up, not expecting to find a muscled man standing at the edge of the woods, own knife drawn.