032

WONDERING !
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ⋯ ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ˓ 𑁍ࠜೄ
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 THIRTY TWO・*:·. ⇌ ஜ  .·:*

   Millie didn't like a lot of things.

   She didn't like the mud-caked underneath her fingernails. She didn't like the way her hair stuck to the back of her neck, lined with thick grease. She didn't like the ache in her legs, or the pain in her side when she turned a certain way. She didn't even like her own mind.

   But if she had to think about what she hated the most, it would have to be following a dark tunnel under mount weather, blind.

   She assumes this is the way Clarke managed to escape, she vaguely remembers the blonde mentioning something about a tunnel near a waterfall. And still, she couldn't hear the sound of rushing water. Millie wasn't even entirely sure what she was doing. Despite always pretending she knew everything about the ground, Millie was still learning just as the Sky people were.

   The tunnel was the way in, this they already knew.

   So what did Abby want from her?

   Millie didn't need to look in the giant metal carts on the tracks, she could already tell just from the smell of what was inside. She held her breath, walking idly down the tunnel. She suddenly was always surrounded by dead people.

   A part of her wondered what would happen if she died here.

   Ironically enough, she thought of the Blakes.

   She thought of Octavia, somewhere along the way Octavia weaseled her way through Millie's brick walls and called herself a friend. Someone Millie could trust, someone who needed Millie. No one has ever needed her before. Lincoln and Apollo were always much wiser than her, much more independent than she was. They didn't need her, in fact, it was the other way around.

   Millie didn't say goodbye to Bellamy before she left.

   She figures– or hopes, he noticed she was gone by now. He's probably off brooding somewhere giving everyone the worst attitude, he'll never get the chance to yell at her if she dies here. A part of her wishes she did, so that she didn't have to deal with him. And a part of her misses him.

   A small, tiny part.

   She misses his teasing and barking orders at her every day as if she'd ever listened to him in the first place. Bellamy was different than the rest of the sky people. Millie knew that from the day she met him. She just didn't think he would be different to her.

   And she thinks of Lincoln.

   She shakes her head, swallowing back down the bile in her throat. She couldn't think of him. Not right now.

   Her body runs cold as the faint sound of a man's voice echoes through the tunnel. The blonde pulls out her knife from her boot, pressing her body as close to the wall as she could, flattening her back. Here's the problem; she doesn't know which direction it came from. The curse of caves, every minuscule sound echoed and bounced off every wall.

   Multiple voices followed after, to her dismay, she couldn't exactly figure out what they were talking about. Their voices overlapped and echoed too much to make out, so Millie decided to focus her attention on something else.