037

WONDERING !
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ⋯ ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ˓ 𑁍ࠜೄ
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 THIRTY-SEVEN・*: ·. ⇌ ஜ .·: *

There is only so much one person can endure.

No one wants to suffer. But that is the fate of each, and some suffer more. Not necessarily of their violation, it's not about enduring the suffering. It's about how you endure it. Millie has had to prove herself time and time again, over and over until someone called her their own. And for this— she would do it once more.

The blonde girl now lays underneath the bed, holding her breath as real guards searched the room for the third time that morning. The cameras had caught her sneaking into the room late last night, just after she was seen in the chambers where Monty lays.

She was underneath Miller's bed now, he sat on top and distracted the guards as Jasper and Maya tried to convince them that yes, Millie was here– but she was gone now, and no one had seen her since.

Considering this was their third time in the room, Millie knew they don't believe them. But they have no proof and until the President gives them a go-ahead to turn the room upside down there's nothing they can do.

   The plan was bound to fail before they even began. This, they knew.

   They bicker back and forth a few moments more before she hears the shuffling of footsteps, and the door is slammed shut behind them. Millie releases her breath, wiping the sweat off her forehead. She lays there for a moment before a hand reaches down, she takes it and she is pulled out from under the bed.

Miller picks her up by her shoulders, despite her uneasy expression and she's placed onto the bed next to him. There are other kids from the ark that crowd around them now, eyeing her guards' uniform.

"You need to go, now, they'll be back any second." Maya guides eagerly, biting her nails.

"She can't go through the door; they'll know it's her." Jasper shakes his head, bouncing his knee up and down anxiously. He's flipping through the files Millie stole, his eyes were stuck on Monty's paper.

"What other choice does she have?" Another kid pipes up from behind her, she doesn't recognize him.

"What exactly did you see in there?" Jasper questions, looking up from the file. Millie swallows, a metaled taste settles in her mouth.

"Nothing good." She mumbles, Jasper sighs. "Look, I already told you what I saw, and those files confirm it. All those missing people, missing grounders? They've been here the whole time, and now you're saying- what? That they're draining them of their blood? Great! Got that figured out, but why?" Millie rambles, unable to stop herself.

Jasper shakes his head, "I don't know! All this says is our blood and their blood are different."

Maya stands suddenly, a faraway look. "What if it has something to do with you?"

"Me?"

She nods her head, "your blood cured me, maybe it's for something medical?"

Millie runs a hand over her face, she was too anxious to be tired. "It doesn't matter, we need to get them out of there. Maybe. . ." She trails off, running a hand through her hair.