004

ੈ♡₊˚•. ˖⋆ ━━━━━⠀WONDERING !
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ⋯ ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ˓ 𑁍ࠜೄ
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 FOUR ・*:·. ⇌ ஜ  .·:*

   Millie was an idiot.

   Approximately two days had passed since the mysterious ship fell from the sky, and Millie was able to restrain herself from investigating. No matter how much she wanted to. She went on with her usual routine; wake up, bathe, eat, throw knives, hunt, eat, and sleep. Repeat. It was the same things she had been doing for the past year, she could probably do them in her sleep if she wanted to.

   She was painfully aware that all of the 13 clans heard and saw the ship fall from the sky. The question was, did they investigate themselves or not? She ruled out Azgeda, Floukru, Sangedakru, and Kliron Kru instantly. Azgeda simply wouldn't be interested, and Floukru was in the middle of the ocean. The others weren't the type to put their noses in business that wasn't their own, that left her with only one more.

   Trikru seemed to be the most likely candidate from the start, which was why Millie knew she should've turned around and gone home the second they set foot in their territory. But she couldn't. Her legs seemed to move without her knowledge, disregarding every single primitive warning that sounded in the back of her head. Apollo would've had her head for this.

   Millie let her impulses take over and set off to the location where the ship fell. Imagine Millie's astonishment when she found an entire area filled with people. Dozens, at least 90, of people, were scattered near the ship landing. There was a small fire in the middle and some sort of tarp covering the entrance of the ship as a form of privacy to the interior. They were scattered across the camp, huddled in what looked like their own separate groups.

   She sat perched on a tree branch, going unnoticed as she surveyed the people. She was about ten feet in the air, some dirt covered her face as part of her camouflage. Her eyebrows were knitted together and she couldn't have been more confused when she took note that they didn't look any older than she was, maybe even younger. Why would, whoever sent them, send a bunch of children?

   The people clearly weren't very aware of the dangerous grounders that habituated the earth, as they continued to be quite rowdy. There were people throwing knives into trees, awfully might she add. And people using tree stumps and branches and anything else in an attempt to build a wall for privacy. Millie snorted under her breath, the difference between their wall and the walls the grounders built were in no comparison. In fact, these people and the grounders were extremely different. For Millie could see a few of them laughing boisterously, genuinely enjoying themselves.

   Millie knew she was in deep shit when a skinny boy pointed her out to another boy, and soon enough half of them were staring at her in awe.

   Well, shit. 

   Her eyes widened, and she swore under her breath, scanning her surroundings for any possible escape. The only way was up. She was only twenty or so feet in the air, so climbing three branches higher kept her safe from the kids. For now. Millie regained her composure, making sure her face was completely blank. Four people walked up to the base of the three; three boys and a girl. They were conversing about something, if she could bet on it, she'd bet it was about her.

   "Hey! We're not gonna hurt you, just come down!"

   One of the boys called out to her, using his hands to create a louder echo. Millie remained staring down at them, not even a muscle in her face twitching. She had Lincoln to thank for this. "She's not listening." She could faintly hear the other boy mumble, his face contorting into a bunch of different emotions. "I can see that." The girl grumbled, glaring at him.