012

ੈ♡₊˚•. ˖⋆ ━━━━━⠀WONDERING !
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ⋯ ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ˓ 𑁍ࠜೄ
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 TWELVE ・*:·. ⇌ ஜ  .·:*

      Millie passed out long enough for Lincoln and Octavia to talk, whatever that may be about. It was convenient, really, exhaustion took over her body quickly. Despite the uncomfortable position she was in, she somehow drifted off to sleep.

     Often times when Millie slept, her mind created an alternate reality. A dream, in short. Her dreams were always random and all over the place, but they never strayed away from what her life could've been. She created a family, a home, friends, an occupation. There was an entire other world inside her head, and Millie was nothing short of disappointment every time she woke up. She only wished that this, reality, was her dream. And when she drifted off to sleep, that really was what her life was like.

      But it wasn't, and at some point she hoped she could come to terms with that.

    When Millie came to, she cracked her eyes open and had to blink a couple of times to adjust to the bright light. Her neck ached from the uncomfortable position she was in, and it cracked quietly when she rolled it back and forth. She stepped up, her legs feeling like jelly for all the time they spent laying limp. She inspected the room for any of the sky people, but the room was found empty aside from Lincoln and herself.

      She looked to her left, her once bloodied arms were now cleaned and the wound was wrapped in a white cloth of some sort. They still stung slightly, but wasn't as nearly as painful as before. Upon seeing her understandable confusion, Lincoln nodded his head in her direction. "A Korean kid came through here, looked about ready to faint when he saw me." Lincoln explained lowly, dipping his head, as if he was afraid someone was listening in. To the untrained ear, he was almost inaudible. "Had no problem cleaning you up, though. You know him?"

    Millie shook her head, eyebrows furrowed. Her lips parted when she thought back to the first time she was tied up here, and the kid who brought her berries. Her heart tinged painfully, coming to realization of where or who he reminded Millie of. She shook her head again, trying to shake the thought out of her mind.

      "Monty. Yeah, he was here the first time."

The first time.

        She glanced around, tugging lightly on the chains again. She faintly heard Lincoln groan from the other side of the room, "it's not going to work, Millie. You'll just hurt yourself." She sent him an icy glare, but she doubted she even saw it. "We can't just sit here and wait for them to kill us." She coaxed.

        "What other choice do we have? You and I both know how this going to end."

         Millie paused, her hands falling limp. She stared at him incredibly, lips parting. "Are you insane? I've been tied up too many times to die by the hands on children!" Millie hissed, using her foot to try and reach a crow bar that laid not a few feet away from her. She couldn't believe she hadn't seen it before, her tongue poking out of the corner of her mouth slightly.

"People do bad things when they are trying to survive."

     She strained, ignoring the complaints from the other side of the room, and stretching her foot as far out as it could go. She was still a few inches away, but she had to jerk her body back when the hatch opened once more. The same boy, in the grey hat, glared at them both and sat on a chair near Lincoln.