029

ੈ♡₊˚•. ˖⋆ ━━━━━⠀WONDERING !
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ⋯ ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ˓ 𑁍ࠜೄ
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 TWENTY-NINE ・*:·. ⇌ ஜ .·:*

    Millie was half asleep by the time they arrived.

    Octavia Blake took the lead, no surprise there. The blonde, unlike the freckled brunette beside her, knew exactly what happened to Octavia. It was the same that happened to her, all those years ago when Lincolns vow to turn Millie into a warrior became a promise. Her long brown hair was braided on the side, in a fight– you can't afford for your hair to get in your face. Her chin was held up higher and her back was straightened, she kept a hand on her sword at all times. But it wasn't just Lincoln that made her this way.

   It was war.

   It made Bellamy a little kinder, and Finn a little crueler. War changes people in the most unpredictable ways.

   "Ready to go back?" Bellamy piped, breaking Millie out of her trance. She let out a long sigh, bringing her gaze back to the gate where soldiers stood. "I don't really have a choice, do I?" She pondered.

   Bellamy shrugged, "of course you do. You could turn around right now, go back before they see you. If that's what you want." He says, and for a moment, she considers it. Would it be so bad? No. But is that what she wants? "But personally, I'd like you to stay."

    Her eyes travel their way around his face, searching for a sign of a lie, or regret. But all she found was sincerity, and a hint of something she didn't recognize. Bellamy Blake was slowly climbing his way into her chained up heart, and the worst part? She was letting him.

   Her lips twitched, she had to bite her cheek to keep from bursting into a toothy smile. "Don't go soft on me now," She teased, peering up at him through her eyelashes. Bellamy rolled his eyes, and went to retort– but he hesitated. Gazing down at her, he licked his lips and stared ahead.

   As the gate grew closer, both of their goofy demeanors flipped into deep frowns and watchful eyes. "Open the gate!" One guard commands. The girl they saved stood on Bellamy's other side, using him as a human crutch. Guns were pointed at them, no shock there. Millie wasn't sure which way this would go, they could lock her up again for all she knows. Then again, Abby did aid them with guns and a way out of the camp.

"We're gonna need your weapon." A man says, snatching a gun out of Bellamy's hands. They do the same for Octavia and Monroe, Millie was already holding her small knife out in her palm. They didn't need to know of the other two in each boot, or the one in her sleeve. Abby approaches them swiftly, glancing at Millie once and giving her a curt nod.

Huh, so does that mean they're going to make matching friendship bracelets now?

"I know you. Factory station. Where are the others?" Abby inspects the girls injuries, looking to Bellamy for an answer. "There are no others." Mel says, you can hear the despair in her voice as she speaks.

"Found her a day from here. No survivors. Lots of supplies." Bellamy informs solemnly, Abby nods slowly before placing a gentle hand on Mel's forearm. "Get her to medical." She nods at Octavia, guiding Mel away slowly. Millie feels like she can breathe finally as Abby walks away, letting her shoulders slouch slightly.

   There's a split moment where none of the three say anything, when a ball of blonde hair comes charging towards them at full speed. Millie has to take a step back as Clarke's body collides with Bellamy's as her arms immediately wrap around his neck. The blonde catches the relieved smile on Clarke's face, and Millie can visibly see the weight being lifted off her shoulders. Bellamy stands rigid with his hands outstretched for a moment, before finally hugging Clarke back.