Run for it

"We gotta get out of here somehow. What do yous suppose we do?"

"On the count of 3, we run. It's the only way I can see us getting out of here." Y/n grabbed Yancy's hand and squeezed it tight.

"This way is going to get us both killed!?" Yancy raised his voice, y/n having to place her finger over his lips to keep him quiet. Y/n looked around the room quickly. It looked like the door was already unlocked, so all they had to do was bolt.

1... 2... 3!

They ran for the door. Y/n fumbled with the door handle, grabbing a hold of it and pushing as hard as she could. Yancy pushed on the door, slowly it began to creak open.

"I CAN HEAR YOU, YOU LITTLE S***!" The footsteps got louder and louder.

"Quickly! Push!" The door opened and the two scrambled their way out into the sunlight.

They both ran for the fencing. Yancy grabbing y/n and pushing her up and over. Yancy looked at the fence, there was an opening further down. He ran for it. Grabbing the metal fencing between his large hands and pulling them apart. It only took him a few seconds to make an opening big enough for him to squeeze through. His torso just fitting through. The metal scrapped his back, leaving a gapping hole in his shirt.

Y/n grabbed a hold of him once again and they both ran for their lives.

Almost an hour had passed, they had slowed down to a walking pace. Taking in the world around them. It was quiet. The only noise around them were the trees blowing in the wind and birds flying overhead. The sky now an ombre pink and orange. They walked in silence, enjoying the freedom and each others company.

"Ah f***." Yancy grabbed his shoulder in pain.

"What's wrong?"

"I think I caught my shirt on the fence?"

"Let me see." As she stepped closer to him, he grabbed his head and tried to balance himself. His vision became blurry and all he could see was y/n running towards him, panicking. "Yancy! Yancy don't you dare pass out on me!" His body went limo and he fell to the floor. Y/n tried to grab his body on the way down. Almost crushed by the weight. His eyes closed. He was still breathing.

She held onto him tight. She tried calling out for help, but there was no-one around to hear he cries.

~some time later~

Yancy slowly opened his eyes. His shoulder still throbbing in pain. He clutched it as he began to sit up and balance himself. A cloth? No wait...

"WHAT HAVE YOU'S DONE WITH MY SHIRT?"

"Thank god, you're awake." She rushed towards him and wrapped her arms around his lower torso, her face pressed up against his chest.

Yancy flinched at the sudden contact. His arms still raised in the air. He looked down at her. Her y/h/c hair sitting messily on her face. Slowly he lowered his hands to move some of the hair out of her face. He loved seeing her beautiful eyes, getting lost in her loving soul.

He noticed a single tear falling down her cheek. As he went to wipe it she sat up, her face right in front of his own.

"Don't you ever scare me like that again! Got it!" The tears began to stream down her cheeks. He lifted his hands and cupped her face in his hands, wiping her face as he did.

"Got it."

His heart was beating like a drum in a heavy metal concert. The world around him was hazy, the only thing in focus was her.

F*** it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Authors Note

Hello everyone,
Enjoy this short chapter! Were slowly reaching the finally of this story. I really appreciate everyone who reads my stories and engages with it. Thank you! 💙

What do you think will happen next? Let me know in the comments!

Thanks friends,
Iamtrash16
Xxxxxxxxxx