The Last Night

It had been three days now since Yancy had been put in solitary. I was sitting in my cell waiting for someone to talk to me. Mark has also ended up in solitary for trying to sneak into the wardens office to steal the box back that we stole from the museum.

It was a normal day for me, quiet, no-one really to talk to. Other than one person.

He came shuffling past my cell everyday, muttering the same thing to himself.

"Heapass...heapass...heapass"

"Hey Heapass!" I yelled looking at the top bunk of my cell, that was Marks bunk. He wouldn't be needing it anytime soon though.

"Heapass knows what happened to the Yancy. Heapass won't tell unless the friend gives me a something valuable."

"Wait you know about Yancy?" I sprung out of bed and ran over to the bars. "Tell me Heapass!" I was getting impatient. Why did I want to know about Yancy all of a sudden.

"Heapass wants a reward for giving the information."

"If you tell me then when I break out, i'll come back and break you out to!"

Heapass looked at me for a few seconds before giving me a hum of approval. I'm guessing he liked that.

"Fine. Heapass will share with you information he knows about the Yancy." He shuffled closer to the bars and titled his head towards me. I turned so he could whisper into my ear. "Tonight..."

That was it. I looked him waiting for him to say something else, but he said nothing. He began to shuffle away from me towards his own cell. I tried to call after him but got no response.

"HEAPASS YOU BETTER GET BACK HERE AND TELL ME WHAT THAT MEANS RIGHT NOW!!!"

"Hey keep it down over there!" A guard yelled at me from down the hall.

"Shut up, i'm talking to Heapass, not you!" Oh no... I've just upset the guard. I could here his mumbled cries from all the way in my cell. I'll have to apologise to him tomorrow night.