How They Met

*Mark's Flashback*

BANG! My body hit the floor with a loud thud. My arms go limp and my legs soaked in water. I could hear them following me. My heart was racing and my body began to move on its own.

Despite its aching, my body sped away from the gang who had been chasing me. My breath becoming more and more shallow with each step I took. Just as I thought I'd escaped, I turned a corner into an alleyway. I was stopped in my tracks. Standing there was a dark figure in a hood. Beneath them was a body, covered in what looked like water, but it was hard to tell since there were no lights around. The figure grabbed the body and hurled it into a nearby bin, closing the lid on top of it. When they turned around and spotted me standing there they grabbed me by the collar and pinned me against a wall.

"How long have you been standing there? What did you see?" They spat in my face, my feet lifting just off the floor. My god, they were strong.

As soon as my feet were able to touch the ground again, I grabbed their arms and attempted to push them away, the figure tried to regain its balance and grab a hold of me again. I grabbed them again and threw them into the bin, I could hear the footsteps and voices of the people who had been chasing me quickly approaching. So, I jumped into the bin with them, holding my hand over their mouth, keeping them from making too much noise. They began to flail around but quickly shut up when they heard voices. They got closer and closer, and then silent.

I quickly jumped out of the bin, brushing off the rubbish and newfound liquid that had seeped into my clothes. That's when I saw it.

The knife. The blood. The body.

Suddenly everything clicked. They jumped out of the bin and pushed me onto the ground, straddling my waist as they held the knife to my throat, stopping me from screaming.

"I'll ask again. How long were you standing there and what did you see?" Their voice sharp and agitated.

"I didn't see anything I swear!" I tried to hold my hands up, before I realised they were being held to the ground by their knees, slowly applying pressure with each word I spoke.

"I don't believe you!" They applied more pressure, the pain slowly rising in my arms and neck.

"Please, please I beg you! Let me go and I'll never speak of this again!"

"Speak of what?"

"What?"

"Exactly." They began to climb off of me, leaving me on the floor, confused and writhing in pain.

All of a sudden I could hear a laugh. I looked up to see them clutching their stomach and throwing their head back, their hood falling behind them, their hair now messy and static.

"Now this, this is funny! I thought you were one of them! But when I heard those guards, oh I realized how wrong I was. You're on the run too!" Confused, I stood up. Still trying to come to terms with what was happening in front of me.

"Wait, what?"

"You was running from them, right? Because I'd hate to have to do to you what I had to do to poor old John here." They began to walk towards me, a crazed look in their eyes, the knife handing on their fingertips, perfectly balanced.

"Uh... Yeah, definitely, why wouldn't I be, haha...ha." I stuttered.

"Oh good! I was afraid I was gonna have to kill you! Oh well. Change of plans then. Hmm?"

"What?"

"I was going to continue my mission and dispose of those guards, but it looks like my plans have changed."

"I'm so confused," I stated. "Who are you and what do you mean by... Dispose of?"

"Oh, I almost forgot to introduce myself how stupid of me!" They put the knife into a small bag situated around their waist. "I'm y/n! Nice to meet ya! And how stupid do you have to be to not understand what dispose of means? It means to kill. I have to kill them. But now you've turned up, I can't!" They threw their hands in the air, turning away and fixing their appearance, hood now back on their head, perfectly hiding their features in an eerie shadow.

"But why do you have to kill them? That's what I meant to ask..." I scratched the back of my neck, another hand now in my pocket holding a small blade, just in case she tried to attack me again.

"Because they're assassins and they're after me, okay? It's my job to stop them before they can get to me and my company."

"Oh right..."

"That made no sense to you did it?" I shook my head. "Okay kid, dunno why I'm explaining this to you, but here we go, dark backstory coming right up!" They pulled me to the side of the bin once more, hiding us from anyone who might see us standing in an open alleyway.

"So, I'm kinda tied up with an underground unknown company. No thanks to my parents who run the freaking business, are rich beyond their wildest dreams and want me to take over. I've been trained to kill anyone who tries to attack me. As much as I hate it, I still have to defend myself from attackers, so it does come in handy sometimes. But it also comes with many consequences. Take into consideration that I've had to go on many dates with guys in the so-called mafia who my parents want me to marry for 'connections' and none of them treated me nicely, can't have that now, can we. Yada yada yada, they all hate me and send assassins after me on a regular basis to kill me. You got that?" They waved a hand in front of my face. I'd zoned out.

"Yeah... I think I got that. So wait, is this a normal Monday for you?"

"No the assassins usually try to kill me on a Tuesday."

"Was that sarcasm?"

"Yes, idiot. Now get in the van before they see you."

"What van?"

"This van."

A van came speeding down the road and stopped at one of the entrances to the alley. The door fling open and y/n stepped inside.

"You coming? Or do you want to deal with those guys?" They pointed behind me.

"There they are! Get them!" I jumped in the van and we began to drive off. Y/n hung out the window and shouted.

"Tell him it's nothing personal! I'm just not interested! And tell him I'll pay for a new guard! Expect the money by Friday!" They blew a kiss and got back in the car. Seating themselves right next to me. "So kid, got a name?"

"Mark Fishbach."

"Well, Mark Fishbach. You're now my new partner in crime. Get used to it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello everyone!

I will admit that this chapter was written really quickly. The reason being I had all these ideas really late at night and needed to get them down after a full day of staring at my screen and coming up with nothing. I hope you enjoyed this chapter and it gives you a bit more insight into y/n!

Please stay home and stay safe!

Thanks friends,
Iamtrash16
Xxxxxxxxxx