Go Time - Part 1.5

*Yancy P.O.V.*

*Earlier that day*

"Well well well, Yancy Iplier. The day has finally come." The warden made his way towards my cell. My suitcase was packed and at my side, my parole day was finally here. As long as I listen to what I'm being told, I can see her again, this time without the rules getting in my way.

The others had all been telling me to go see her. Especially since I told them what she said that night. She asked me to come with her. That was the moment that I realized, maybe there was something waiting for me outside these prison walls. My heart belonged elsewhere and for the first time in my life, I wanted to be free.

"I've watched over you all these years, taken care of you like my own son. Heck, I even hired a band to be ready at any moment for your music outbreaks. So, when you're on the outside of these glorious prison walls, I only ask for one thing either you join broadway or you settle down and start a family. The choice is yours, Yancy, don't f*** it up. Or we will be seeing each other again, and don't make me have to drag your ass back to that cell." I nodded my head and followed him to the gate. I took one last look at the building I had spent most of my life in.

Freedom was only a few steps away, so without any hesitation, I stepped out of the gate. The warden slammed the gate behind me and made his way back into the prison, leaving me to stand alone on the pavement, the sun beaming down on me.

It took me a while to adjust to the outside world. I wish she was here. She'd know exactly what to do, she'd show me all of her favourite places and look after me.

I expected to hear cheers of celebration or a huge party to be thrown as soon as I stepped foot outside. But nothing.

Well... That was anticlimactic.

As the day continued, my mood began to change. The city around me was bustling with people shopping, meeting with others or working. The buildings were shiny and stood tall around me, making me feel like an ant in comparison. Cars sped past, the sound of their horns almost deafening. As I finally made my way towards the apartment building I would be staying in, courtesy of the warden himself, I began to feel like I was being watched. I grabbed ahold of the small pocket knife that I had been hiding in my coat pocket. I turned the key with my other hand and made my way into the building, I placed my stuff in the entrance of my new apartment.

The place itself wasn't as large as I would have liked. It was big enough that I could fit one sofa against the wall and a bed on the other side. A small countertop sat on one side of the room and opposite was a small bathroom. To make matters worse, I was now living near the most dangerous place in the city. I looked out of the one window, only to discover it was facing a brick wall. The place didn't feel much different from the cell I had lived in all these years.

"Home sweet home" I muttered to myself. I slowly began to unpack my things, before long I could no longer see light outside. I stepped out into the dark. It was freezing but I pressed on. I needed to learn the layout of the city. I inspected every alley and shop along the way.

But one particular alley caught my eye.

Strange figures moved amongst the shadows, the silence created an eerie feeling that caused me to approach. I couldn't resist. Was I suddenly invincible? No. Did I still want to fight danger head-on? Yes.

Well... Here goes nothing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Authors Note

Hello everyone!!!

I'm back again. I have been taking some time off to focus on myself and relax. Over my time writing this I feel like I'm losing motivation not with this story but with myself, but I want to become a better writer and finish this story. I appreciate everyone who has stuck with this story and continues to read it. I know my upload schedule is all over the place, but I really do love writing this story and receiving feedback and reading all your funny comments. It really does make my day. :D

Also please enjoy the new BTS song Dynamite. I've been bopping to it non stop since it released.

I hope you are all doing well and looking after yourselves. Please stay safe and healthy.

Thanks friends!!!

Iamtrash16

Xxxxxxxxxxx